Not one, not two but three lives hang in the balance of this week’s Nikita. Following Alex’s kidnapping, Division attempts to save her from Amanda’s clutches. Unfortunately, a couple backdoor dealings screw up Nikita’s plan. In “The Life We’ve Chosen” not everyone makes it home alive.
- Director: Brad Turner
- Writer: Albert Kim
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, Lyndie Greenwood, Peter Outerbridge
Episode Title: “The Life We’ve Chosen”
Nikita, Owen and Sean embark on a mission to save Alex. Amanda’s holding her hostage but will happily trade her for Ari (Outerbridge). Nikita has no intention of letting her have him or Alex. Ari has the code to the Blackbox and she can’t allow Amanda to upload its contents. This causes friction within the group as Ryan secretly installs a kill chip in Ari’s head and gives Owen the trigger.
- Peter Outerbridge: Ari went out in a blaze of bullets. After trusting Nikita to save him from Amanda, he was almost home free before being gunned down. Even though Ari was a bad guy, Peter Outerbridge made him a sympathetic character. By the end, we were sad to see him go.
- “It’s the life we’ve chosen”: Those were Ari’s last words and they rung true. Both Nikita and Alex failed their personal missions. Nikita wanted to dupe Amanda and recover Ari, while Alex wanted to rescue her medic Larissa. Neither of them succeeded. It was a cold hard realization for the women.
- You guys make a good team: Nikita and Alex aren’t in a good place. By the end of the episode, they were emotionally raw from the mission. If Alex would have followed Nikita and Owen, she could have saved Ari. If Nikita would have gone with Alex and Sean, they could have rescued Larissa. Neither budged and they went their separate ways. It was a classic example of united we stand but divided we fall. You can tell that they sort of blame each other for the blood on their hands.
- Trouble in Paradise: Nikita also bumped heads with Michael. Ryan informed him of his plan to kill Ari, and Michael agreed with it. It seemed as if everyone was fine with letting Ari die, but Nikita’s compassion got in the way. There’s an obvious disconnect between her and the rest of the gang.
- Ryan, what’s happening?: What’s good with Ryan these days? Did he really think that Ari’s kill chip would go unnoticed? He should’ve known that Nikita would figure it out and intercept his plan. His Percy-isms are becoming more and more apparent and we don’t like it.
“The Life We’ve Chosen” had Division bursting at the seams. Sean already had one foot out the door, and now Alex is seeing the light. All this internal drama makes for good TV. We wonder if that was Amanda’s plan all along? Destroy Division from the inside out.
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of this week’s episode?