Nikita staged an unlikely “Reunion” between its leading ladies. Nikita and Amanda were forced to put their issues aside, in order to survive. What could bring these two together? Meanwhile, Alex is left out in the cold as she attempts to save Ari’s son.
- Director: Jon Cassar
- Writer: Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Peter Outerbridge, Dylan Minnette, Andrew Divoff
Episode Title: “Reunion”
Nikita and Alex are tasked with finding Ari’s son Stefan (Dylan Minnette) before Amanda does. Stefan’s guarded by ex-German soldier Krieg (Andrew Divoff), who believes both Nikita and Amanda are threats. After Amanda’s men capture Stefan, Krieg plans to torture the women until they reveal his location. Back at Division, Owen hammers Ari for more info about his past life.
- Lost Reunion: Both Dylan Minnette and Andrew Divoff appeared in recurring roles on Lost. Dylan was Jack’s son David, while Andrew was Mikhail Bakunin from The Others. Even though their characters didn’t interact on Lost, it was awesome seeing them together. Their father-son dynamic was heartwarming. The charge and his protector will live happily ever after.
- Ari and Owen’s Talk: Are we the only ones who found it hilarious when Ari told Owen he was lying? Owen kept pushing him for more info until Ari gave him what he wanted. Was it true? We’re not sure, but we loved Ari’s annoyed reaction when Michael finally burst through the door.
- Amanda’s Daddy Issues: Amanda, your soul is showing. Of course someone as demented as her would have daddy issues. Look at the men she’s surrounded herself with. Ari and Percy aren’t exactly marriage material. When her and Nikita were struggling to escape the warehouse, Amanda was vulnerable. For 30 seconds a slither of humanity shown through. We want to hear more about her father. He sounds like a real dirtbag.
- The Twist: Just when we start to sympathize with Amanda she pulls the rug out from under us. At the end of the episode, we assumed Nikita was coming to remove Alex from police custody. We were wrong. It was Amanda, who’s now holding her hostage as leverage. We didn’t see that coming!
- Owen’s slipping: We love Owen, but he needs to get it together. His obsession with Sam i.e. his past life is putting everyone in danger. Thanks to the damage he did to Ari, Nikita was almost tortured and killed. Michael had every right to take him off active duty.
- Bloodletting: Grossout moment of the episode — Amanda clawing at Nikita’s skin. Who knew blood was so flammable? The sight of her hand dripping red made us cringe. The things you do when your life’s on the line.
This “Reunion” wasn’t warm and fuzzy. There was blood and tears shed on both Nikita and Amanda’s part. But their interaction opened the door to a major mystery — Amanda’s origin. Bring it on!
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of this week’s episode?