Hollywood’s man of the moment, Ben Affleck, is the star of Terrence Malick‘s next movie To The Wonder. The film is beautifully shot, and that can be seen in the new trailer that dropped today. (See it below.) Also, a series of new character posters for the new season of Game of Thrones were released, and they’re gruesomely awesome. And Kevin Smith announced that he has started writing the script for Clerks III. All that and more below.
- Keri Russell Will Lead In Planet Of The Apes Sequel: Keri Russell is joining Jason Clarke in the Planet of the Apes sequel. Russell will play the female lead. She’ll reunite with her Felicity co-creator Matt Reeves, who’s directing the movie. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is set 15 years after the events in the first film. It follows Caesar (Andy Serkis) as he tries to maintain control over his kingdom, and the scientists struggling to survive in San Francisco. We’re not experts on this or anything, but we’re guessing Russell will play one of the main scientists, not an ape. Source: THR
- Giovanni Ribisi And Liam Neeson Join Western Comedy: Seth MacFarlane‘s second film A Million Ways To Die in the West is slowly coming together. Giovanni Ribisi and Liam Neeson are the latest additions to the cast. The film will follow a wimpy farmer named Albert (MacFarlance) who loses his girlfriend (Amanda Seyfried) after he chickens out of a gunfight. Albert then learns to shoot thanks to a mysterious woman (Charlize Theron), who he begins to fall for. Neeson will play Theron’s outlaw husband, and Ribisi will get to be MacFarlane’s best friend. Source: /Film
- Kevin Smith Started Writing Clerks III: Kevin Smith announced that he has started writing the script for Clerks III, and he promises to make it the best film he’s ever made. As /Film points out — film? Wasn’t Clerks III suppose to be a TV show or a book or a web series? Whatever it ends up being, at least he’s writing it now.
- To The Wonder Trailer: In Malick’s To The Wonder, Affleck is in love with two different women — Rachel McAdams and Olga Kurylenko. The film opens in limited theaters on April 12th. Here’s the new trailer.
[youtube g-t3l6T53V8 570 420]
- Stories We Tell Trailer: Sarah Polley‘s Stories We Tell got raving reviews when it opened at Sundance earlier this year. The film got picked up by Roadside Attractions, and is getting released later this spring. The first trailer for the film has hit the web. It’s pretty intriguing, check it out:
- Frances Ha Trailer: IFC Films debuted a new trailer for Noah Baumbach‘s Frances Ha, starring and co-written by Greta Gerwig (Damsels in Distress, Lola Versus). It’s a black-and-white film about a young woman trying to find her place in New York City. It’s got a very Woody Allen-feel to it. Check it out:
[via First Showing]
- Game Of Thrones Character Posters: A new set of Game of Thrones‘ character posters have been released. We have one for you below, the rest can be seen at Unreality Magazine. Remember the show returns on March 31, 2013.
- TV Show Map: Unreality Magazine posted a cool map by James Chapman, which shows where many of our favorite TV shows have taken place in America. (Click image to enlarge.)
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?