Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyer‘s long-shelved horror pic 6 Souls is finally hitting theaters and VOD. The Weinstein Company waited five years to release it, and normally that’s not a good sign. But the first trailer hit the web this week, and you can judge it for yourself. Also, a new Ender’s Game photo was released – it gives us the first look at Hailee Steinfield‘s Petra. And a new Adam Sandler comedy is in the works… great. All that and more below.
- Danny Elfman Will Sing Live Again: Danny Elfman is going back to his roots. For the first time in forever, the Oscar-nominated score composer will sing live. In October he’ll stage a concert with Tim Burton at London’s Royal Albert Hall. The show, titled Danny Elfman’s Music From the Films of Tim Burton will showcase a “live music retrospective of the pair’s work together.” This means that the scores to Beetlejuice, Batman and Edward Scissorhands will be performed in public. How great is that! Source: Spin
- Jason Clarke Will Lead Planet of the Apes Sequel: Zero Dark Thirty star Jason Clarke is branching out. He’s been cast as the lead in Dawn of the Planet of The Apes. There’s no word on who he’ll play, but this will be the first time he’s lead in a big blockbuster movie. Good for him!
- Jason Lee To Star In CBS Pilot: Jason Lee returning to TV. Deadline reports that he’s set to play the lead in Second Sight, a CBS drama pilot based on the British series. The show is described as a “gothic psychological thriller” which focuses on a detective with a dark secret.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Joins Scott Cooper’s The Road Home: It looks like Leonardo DiCaprio is not taking a break from acting. He’s teaming up with Scott Cooper for The Road Home, a 1930′s crime thriller about a war veteran-turned-rancher who starts playing detective. Source: Cinemablend
- New Adam Sandler Comedy In The Works: Adam Sandler is hoping to reunite with Drew Barrymore in his next rom-com. The as-yet-untitled movie would focus on a couple who “after a disastrous first date, get trapped at a family resort with their kids from previous marriages.” So there you have it. Source: The A.V. Club
- Great Showdowns: Artist Scott Campbell created a cool gallery of Oscar-themed art called Great Showdowns. The series shows the Best Picture nominees as showdowns. Check out the images at /Film.
- 6 Souls Trailer: In 2009, Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers made a horror movie called 6 Souls, about a psychologist who tries to cure a patient suffering from multiple-personality disorder. The film is barely getting released this year. It’ll hit VOD in March, and theaters on April 5th. Check out the trailer below:
- The Call Trailer: The Call is a new thriller starring Halle Berry as a veteran 911 operator who gets a call from a teenage girl, played by Abigail Breslin, when she’s being abducted by a killer. There’s nothing spectacular about the story, and the trailer is cheesy, but you have two good actresses in the mix, so you never know. It might work. Check out the new trailer below:
- New Still From Ender’s Game: The first image showing us Hailee Steinfield as Petra has been released. The full image shows her, Ender and the rest of the Salamander Army in a cafeteria-like setting. They’re eating lunch, and Petra looks stunned. The film hit theaters November 1. Check out it out:
- Wolverine Photo: Hugh Jackman is an angry man. In a newly released photo from The Wolverine, Jackman is looking over his shoulder with a very serious frown on his face. The image was released on Twitter, along with the words, “The past is always behind you, but the memories still remain.” Check it out:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?