Parks and Recreation goes for the ‘race against the clock’ style episode on “Emergency Response,” which also happens to feature a black tie party.
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Dean Holland
- Writers: Norm Hiscock, Joe Mande
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt, Nick Kroll, Alison Becker, Mo Collins
Episode Title: “Emergency Response”
Leslie and Ben organize a black tie gala to raise money for their park, but their plans are derailed when a citywide emergency response drill is called.
- Ron Swanson: Every second of his appearance on “Pawnee Today” was terrific. Love the very wasted Joan Callamezzo and her numerous positions of lying down on the set – passed out. Also, Ron likes novels about tall ships.
- Ghost Jamm: Councilman Jamm has some funny material in the episode. Love the sign he holds up to Leslie that reads: your move.
- Jerry, Falling: Yes, this is a highlight. Also that he is under-dressed for the black tie gala. Also when Tom tells him no one had his cell phone number, which Jerry finds hard to believe.
- Chris: He’s infected, and he feels fine. That’s good therapy, people. No Shauna Malwae-Tweep this week? C’mon!
- Cold Open: They packed a lot on, but it worked nicely setting the stage for the episode.
- DVD: The scenario Leslie puts together was corny, but funny. Had to like Willow Tremaine and Donatella Breckinridge.
- Andy: Actually sad about Andy failing to become a cop, especially when scored so well on the test. The lie detector scene was funny.
- Best Line: Ron’s dis to Ben: “I can speak in full sentences, and I won’t cry.”
- Best Line II: Tom: “Love fades away, things are forever.”
- Best Moment: Mouse Rat! Mouse Rat!
- Donna: Not enough of her! Also, more Jerry!
Overall a good episode. The highlight (a season highlight as well) has to be Ron filling in for a blitzed out Jane Callamezzo on “Pawnee Today.” There might have been some slow moments, but still a fine piece of TV comedy. The wedding is next week, which should be fun. Not sure where the show refocuses its energy once the Ben & Leslie Wedding storyline wraps up with the nuptials.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 8:30 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?