Ellen Page has decided to make movies instead of just starring in them. She’ll be making her directorial debut with Miss Stevens, a film about an unlucky teacher who chaperones high school kids. Also, Ryan Gosling continues to cast his own first film, How To Catch A Monster. He’s lining up this movie with a bunch former co-stars. We’ve also got a cool GIF of Superman trying on several costumes. All that and more below.
- Jane Got A Gun Casting: Jane Got A Gun is still assembling its cast. The Last Stand actor Rodrigo Santoro is joining Natalie Portman and Michael Fassbender in the Lynne Ramsay-directed movie. As previously stated, this film focuses on Portman’s Jane, who reaches out to her ex-lover (Fassbender) for help when her husband becomes the target of a violent gang. Santoro will play Fitchum, but that’s all we know. Source: Deadline
- Ryan Gosling Casts Eva Mendes: By now you probably now that Ryan Gosling is making a movie called How To Catch A Monster. This will be his directorial debut. He’s already cast his female lead – his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks. Now, Vulture reports that Gosling has also cast his Place Beyond The Pines co-star Eva Mendes. She’ll play Cat, a prominent figure of the Big Bad Wolf Club. Don’t worry, we don’t know what that means either, but we’re excited!
- Ellie Kemper Is Getting Her Own TV Show: The Office is coming to an end, but Ellie Kemper doesn’t have to worry about not having a job because she’s getting her very own NBC Pilot. She’s been cast to play Brenda in Brenda Forever, a sitcom where “stories from Brenda Miller’s past and present are interwoven to give a unique portrait of how a chubby, awkward, but incredibly confident 13-year-old grew up to be a 31-year-old woman who still marches to the beat of her own drum.” Source: Vulture
- Ellen Page Is Making A Movie: Ellen Page is doing what actors do these days, making her own movie. She has signed on to direct Miss Stevens, which stars Anna Faris. In the film, Faris’ Stevens is a “down-on-her-luck teacher who chaperones a high school trip to the state drama competition.” Sounds a bit messy. Hopefully Page can handle it. She’s a great young actress, but that’s as far as we can say. Source: Vulture
- Movie Real Estate: Wanna live in the house where Freddy Krueger tormented teenagers in their sleep? Well listen up. The Nightmare On Elm Street House is up for sale, and it can be yours for a hefty sum of $2.1 million. Source: Cinemablend
- Archer People: Unreality Magazine posted a gallery of the faces behind the cast of the TV series Archer. Have in mind that the faces aren’t the voices. The characters are actually based on real world models. Check it out.
- Walk Of Shame Still: Elizabeth Banks stopped traffic this past weekend. The star of Walk Of Shame was responsible for a recent major road closure in LA. The comedy also stars James Marsden and Gillian Jacobs. Banks plays an aspiring reporter who dreams of being an anchor, but her plans are compromised after a one-night stand with a handsome stranger. He leaves her stranded in DTLA (jerk!). Check out a still from the shoot:
- Superman Plays Dress Up: The Curious Brain posted an awesome photo of Superman as various pop culture characters. The series is by L.A. artist Mike Mitchell. Check it out:
- Emperor Poster: Tommy Lee Jones and Matthew Fox are in a war movie together. Mister Jones plays General Douglas MacArthur in Emperor, which focuses on the days following Japan’s WWII surrender. Here’s the first poster for the film:
- Mud Poster: Matthew McConaughey is garnering a lot of buzz for his performance in Mud. The film showed at Cannes and Sundance, and will open nation wide on April 26th. Here’s the brand new poster for the film:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?