There’s lots of disharmony on The Big Bang Theory when Sheldon drives Leonard away in “The Spoiler Alert Segmentation.” Will Leonard move in with Penny? Will Amy move in with Sheldon? Will their friendships be changed forever?!
- Director: Mark Cendrowski
- Writer: ChuckLorre, Eric Kaplan & Steve Holland
- Cast: Johnny Galecki, JimParsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch
Episode Title: “The Spoiler Alert Segmentation”
When Sheldon and Leonard have an argument, Leonard decides to move in with Penny. Penny’s not happy about this, but doesn’t confront Leonard because she doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. Sheldon looks for a new roommate, but Amy has her sights on moving in with him. Meanwhile, Raj agrees to check in on Howard’s mother, while Howard and Bernadette are away.
- The New Howard: Raj is the only main character who’s yet to progress into a relationship. He’s not often a major part of an episode, so we’re glad there was a focus on him. Pairing him with Howard’s mother was perfect.
- The One-liners: The jokes dropped in every scene pull us through even when we don’t like the plot or characters’ choices. The one-liners is one of the best aspects of Big Bang.
- Resolution: Most episodes resolve themselves without carrying a plot over to the next episode. But this week’s disharmony gave us something to look forward to. How much will Sheldon change his ways to accommodate Leonard? Plus, we’d like to see how Raj finally escapes Mrs. Wolowitz!
- Other Popular Shows: It’s great that a simple Harry Potter spoiler can be the straw that broke the camel’s back in Sheldon and Leonard’s relationship. Additionally, The Walking Dead and Sesame Street mentions make for an odd collection of references in the episode. The irony is good, but the fact that we’re suddenly overly aware that we’re watching a TV show takes away from the fun.
- Amy: “We’re not home ’cause we out dropping science, son.”
- Amy: “Then, what the hell, Sheldon!?!”
- Sheldon: “Have you seen the one where Lori dies?” Leonard: “No.” Sheldon: “Or, maybe she doesn’t. Let’s find out.”
- Raj: “Oh my God. She’s not going to bathe me, is she?” Howard: “I wish I could tell you no.”
- Howard: “Honestly, if I could bend that far what would I need with you?” Bernadette: “If you could bend that far, you’d be doing both of us a favor.”
- Sheldon: “I suppose there’s no choice but to face the crying, angry accusations, and the high pitch wails of despair.” Penny: “Yeah and who knows how Amy will react.”
- Raj: “How do you sleep in these things? Silk pajamas on satin sheets, I slid out of the bed like three times.”
- Leonard: “Oh, spoiler alert. This door’s about to slam in your face.”
- Sheldon: “Feelings? What am I a hippie at a love-in?”
- Amy: “Here I am!” Sheldon: “Wait. Here who is where?”
- Raj: “I didn’t know you can have a cyst inside a cyst.” Mrs. Wolowitz: “The doctor said they were like Russian nesting dolls.”
- Penny: “But, you two make such a cute couple. Like Bert and Ernie. You guys even teach me stuff about words and numbers.”
- Raj: “Dump her? What did he use? A fork lift?”
- Sheldon: “Leonard, wait! … Dobby the elf dies in book seven.”
“The Spoiler Alert Segmentation” takes Big Bang in a different direction. It’s a fun change in some ways and leaves us looking forward to following episodes. But to be honest, we weren’t sold on its references to other shows.
The Rating: 8/10
The Big Bang Theory airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on CBS.
Do you think Raj will escape Mrs. Wolowitz’s house? Let us know in the comments below!