With “Couples Discount”, fans are presented with the final Valentine’s Day episode of The Office. And Andy returns after his 3-month getaway to the islands.
Check below for the full review…
- Director: Troy Miller
- Writers: Allison Silverman
- Cast: Rainn Wilson, John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Creed Bratton, Ellie Kemper, Angela Kinsey, Paul Lieberstein, Oscar Nuñez, Craig Robinson, Phyllis Smith, Clark Duke, Jake Lacy, B.J. Novak, Andy Buckley, Chris Diamantopoulos
Episode Title: “Couples Discount”
When Andy returns, Erin has a choice to make; a Valentine’s Day sale has the staff coupling up.
- Brian & Pam & Jim &: No Alyssa. She and Bryan are kaput. Oh, and Jim finds out Pam cried in front of Brian. It doesn’t look like Pam and Brian are going to hook up in any way, but Jim was really annoyed about the intimate moment. Almost too annoyed considering the circumstances. Maybe there is more to be discovered, but he might have overreacted a bit.
- Brian, On Camera: Really enjoyed that super quick glance/half-smile Brian delivers to the camera when Pam and Jim – and the documentary crew Brian was once with – walk into the restaurant.
- Dwight: He busted out a sweet Burning Man reference.
- Meredith’s Wig: She’s rocked some sweet wigs lately, but the blonde wig is a favorite. And she is no narc!
- Pam: Nice to see Pam toughen up and ask Jim to stay and ‘fight’ about what’s annoying him, which still seems overblown.
- Pete: Had to feel good for New Jim! Plus, the final scene when he gets the Erin kiss was sweet.
- Best Moment: When the staff starts tossing various lies at Andy about what happened when he was away to mess up his meeting with David Wallace.
- Best Moment II: The loveless, high-five hello Erin gives Andy when he sees her after all these months away.
- Best Line: Phyllis: “We started selling balloons.”
- Andrew Baines “Andy” Bernard: Massive dick from the second he walked back into the office – and not in the funny kind of way. There is nothing remotely likable about this character. It’s a damn fake TV show and even this reviewer was annoyed as hell he messed up the Scranton White Pages deal. Hopefully he gets fired by Wallace in the next episode.
There was a time when the Andy character was fun, goofy and downright enjoyable to watch. Now, he is an incredible jerk-off who has become so unlikable it’s a shame the show decided to bring him back at all since he set sail to the Caribbean in episode 6, “The Boat.” The Jim/Pam Drama seems somewhat settled with no great broken love plot to worry about (we hope), so the questions is whether or not we ever see Boom Operator Brian again. The episode might have been short on comedy, but it was big on feel-good moments – notably Erin finally dumping Andy, and Andy finally getting caught in the end by Wallace.
The Office airs on NBC at 9pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?