How many hiatus’ does Nikita need? After a long break, the show’s back with a new episode called “Intersection.” This time, there’s no random villain of the week. Division has to clean house. They’re focusing on Amanda, and her spies within the agency.
- Director: Dwight Little
- Writer: Michael Brandon Guercio
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Noah Bean, Lyndie Greenwood, Sarah Allen
Episode Title: “Intersection”
Nikita learns that Sonya’s been compromised. The team races to find the second mole, while secretly deactivating Sonya’s kill chip. They feed Amanda false information about Michael and Nikita’s relationship. Also, Alex reveals she’s using drugs again.
- “Let’s beat the bitch:” Finally, everyone’s on the same page. Birkhoff spilled the beans about Sonya’s predicament and they came up with a plan. After living in fear for months, Sonya’s had enough. It was time to pool their resources and get the chip taken care of, which they did.
- Mole Man: The mole for the mole was Baker. Once they narrowed down the suspects to four, we knew it was him. They tried to direct our attention to his loudmouth co-worker, but that would have been too easy. We’re happy Alex caught him before he sent the message to Amanda.
- Come Clean: After being confronted with photos of her and Michael, Alex was forced to admit her relapse. There wasn’t a huge blow up. Everyone was too distracted with Sonya and Amanda. But thankfully, it’s out in the open. She was an accident waiting to happen.
- Give Me a Hand: Who saw THAT coming? With Michael’s hand trapped underneath a burning car, Nikita took desperate measures to save his life. She chopped it off. No sterilization. No anesthesia. No nothing. It was great for shock value, but what’s the long-term plan? According to next week’s previews, he gets a new Terminator hand. That’s… interesting.
- Ann’s Last Stand: Amanda’s muscle bit the bullet — or should we say knife? We couldn’t stand the character. Her permanent scowl was bringing us down. She was like a female version of Roan, but with half the charisma. We would have loved a longer fight between her and Nikita, but we’ll take what we can get.
- Acting 101: Are we the only ones who thought Nikita and Michael’s acting was bad? We can’t believe Amanda bought their fake fight. In the words of Cleveland Brown they were turrrrible. Nikita with all the hand movements and hair tossing. It was overkill. And do we need to mention the close encounter with Michael and Alex? Back in the day, we were rooting for them to hook up. In season one, they had several sweet moments together. But watching them kiss now — at Nikita’s request — was disturbing.
“Intersection” wasn’t what we expected. There was a lot of shock and awe. The writers really exposed all their secrets. But we’re worried about the future. With Alex out of commission and Michael’s setback, how are they going to defeat Amanda? Cue Owen.
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
What did you think of the episode? Did Nikita make the right decision with Michael?