Next Sunday we’ll finally get what we’ve all been waiting for – Tina Fey and Amy Poehler making fun of Hollywood, together, in front of a bunch of drunk celebrities. A new promo, featuring the comediennes has been released, and it’s just as good as the first. You can see it below, as well as a promo poster featuring the BFF’s in high-top chucks. We also have a bunch of new images from movies like Man Of Steel, World War Z, Oz The Great And Powerful and Oblivion. All that and more below.
- Ashley Tisdale Cast As Nicolas Cage’s Daughter: Ashley Tisdale has been cast to play Nicolas Cage‘s daughter in Left Behind, the second adaptation of Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins‘ faith-based novels. ComingSoon says she’ll be playing Chloe Steele, the daughter of Cage’s Ray Steele character. After millions of people suddenly disappear from Earth, Chloe wanders America looking to find any remaining members of her family. Production is set to start later this year.
- Ryan Murphy’s The Normal Heart Will Air On HBO In 2014: Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo are making a movie with Glee‘s Ryan Murphy titled The Normal Heart, based on the “groundbreaking” Tony Award-winning play of the same name. HBO announced that the film will debut on the channel in 2014. For those of you not familiar with the play, the story focuses on the rise of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City between 1981 and 1984, as seen through the eyes of writer/activist Ned Weeks, the gay Jewish founder of a prominent HIV advocacy group. Production is set to start later this year. Source: ComingSoon
- J.J. Abrams Screens Star Trek Into Darkness For Dying Fan: J.J. Abrams made a dying Star Trek fan’s dream come true by screening all of Star Trek Into Darkness for him and his wife. A friend of the fan (whose name is Dan by the way) posted a story about his dear friend who has been diagnosed with two forms of cancer. The doctors gave Dan a few weeks to live. The story spread like wildfire on the internet, and eventually got to Abrams’ ears. He heard it and set up the screening. What a sweetie! Source: ComingSoon
- Jon Favreau Will Direct An Episode Of The Office: The Office is coming to an end, and Jon Favreau has been hired to direct one of the remaining episodes of the final season.But it’s still unclear which episode he’ll direct. Source: /Film
- Big Sur Trailer: Another Jack Kerouac adaptation is on the way. His autobiographical work Big Sur is premiering at the Sundance Film Festival later this month. The film stars Jean-Marc Barr, Josh Lucas, Kate Bosworth and Henry Thomas, and tells the story of Jack Duluoz and his relationship to fame following the huge success of his novel. It will also cover his struggle with substance abuse. The first trailer for the film is now available. Check it out:
- New Golden Globes Promo: The first Golden Globes promo we saw was hilarious. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler pretended to be old Hollywood celebrities, and delivered a charming little bit. A new promo has hit the web, and it’s right up there with the first one. Fey and Poehler chat about pop culture, Avatar and being best friends with Angelina Jolie. Check it out:
- Golden Globes Promo Poster: And here’s the new promo poster for The Golden Globes. Fey and Poehler got inspired by KStew’s red carpet style. Check it out:
- New Photos From Upcoming Movies: A bunch of new photos hit the web this week, all from highly-anticipated movies being released later this year. Those movies include, Oz The Great and Powerful, Oblivion, World War Z, Man of Steel, Despicable Me 2, Epic and The Croods. Check them out below.
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.