It’s finally here—the end of 2012 is upon us, and 2013 is apparently about to happen, despite what seemed like at least 100 various prophecies letting us know the end of the world was coming down quick (sorry to disappoint, George Lucas). So, as we say farewell to 2012 in general, we thought we’d say goodbye to ScreenCrave’s 2012 in specific, with a little trip through memory lane via some of our biggest and best posts of the year. You’ll find a whole slew of fun holiday lists, our best editorials of 2012, our favorite films of 2012 (and our most hated), and more. It’s been a great year!
End of the Year:
- ScreenCrave’s Top 20 Films of 2012: Our mega-list of the 20 films that made our 2012, along with five most underrated movies of ’12, as well.
- Top 5 Horror Films of 2012: It’s been a big year for horror, but only five movies scared us senseless. Here are our picks for the best horror films of 2012.
- The Worst and Most Disappointing Films Of 2012: You have to take the good with the bad, and 2012 had plenty of clunkers. View them all here.
- Top 10 WTF TV Moments of 2012: TV brought its A-game this year. There were so many jaw-dropping moments that left us in shock for weeks. Here are 10 that had a lasting impression.
- Top 5 New TV Shows That Surprised The Hell Out of Us: Seriously, how is it that Arrow turned out to be as good as it did? Find out about it and five other TV shows we expected to bomb in 2012, but didn’t.
In The New Year:
- The Top 10 Movies To Watch in 2013: Start making your lists now!
- The Top 10 Young Actors to Watch in 2013: Tired of not recognizing any of the names being dropped in a pop culture conversation with friends at a party? Chances are, a lot of those names will be found on this list. Review accordingly!
- The Top 5 Shows That Need a Makeover in 2013: Ever watch a show that has so much potential, but never goes anywhere? Well, here are our picks for the five shows with the best potential for improvement in 2013.
- Best Movies to Watch on New Year’s Eve: Need a little background noise for your New Year’s Eve party? Or maybe you’d just like to stay in with a favorite flick? Check out our 10 best films to watch the night the year ends.
- Top 10 Internet Videos of 2012: The best of what went viral this year is always a good way to kill thirty minutes before the new year begins.
Being the total movie nerds that we are, we here at ScreenCrave have already begun agonizing over the upcoming Academy Awards–who will be nominated? Who will win? Check out all the entries in our ongoing series:
- The Best Picture Race
- The Best Actor Race
- The Best Actress Race
- Summer Movies with Awards Potential
- Best Adapted Screenplay Predictions
- Zero Dark 30 and the Torture Debate
- The Faded Oscar Hopefuls
- Can Argo Maintain Oscar Frontrunner Status?
- The Best Movies In Theaters To Watch This Christmas: What’s playing in theaters? Let us be your guide to the holiday movie offerings. Everything from drama, comedy and musicals are at your fingertips.
- ScreenCrave’s 2012 Christmas Gift Guide For Comic Book Lovers: Christmas is almost here. Here’s some help for your neighborhood fanboy.
- ScreenCrave’s 2012 Christmas Gift Guide For Movie Lovers: Cinephiles are hard to shop for because they’ve seen it all. Thankfully, our gift guide can get you out of a rut.
- ScreenCrave’s 2012 Christmas Gift Guide For Movie Lovers – Part 2: Ditto!
2012 Editorial Fun:
- Top 10 Macho Films that Ruled the 1980s: Snake! Rambo! Norris!
- Top 10 Macho Films that Ruled the 1990s: Cage! Keanu! Seagal?
- Top 10 Most Berserk Computers in Film: It’s only a matter of time before they rule us.
- Top 5 Cinematic Love Stories (For Men): Cinematic bromancery.
- Top 10 Oddball Romantic Comedies: Quirkfests for the tragically hip.
- Top 10 Presidential Films: For your annual President’s Day movie marathon. What, you don’t do that?
- Top 10 Badass Female Characters: Go ahead and begin your wishlist “Female Expendables” casting from this list.
- Top 5 Worst Fathers in Film: Hey, they can’t all be Atticus Finch.
- The Best Films You’ve Never Seen Starring The Dark Knight Rises Cast: Just in case the nearly three-hour blockbuster wasn’t enough for you.
- Top 5/ Worst 5 Reboots In Movie History: Go ahead and guess which side all the recent slasher remakes ended up on.
- Top 10 Action Films Starring Over the Hill Asskickers: In case you like a little Ben-Gay mixed in with your steroids.
- Top 5/ Worst 5 2012 Summer Movies: Heh, remember Rock of Ages? That’s ok, no one else does, either.
- Top 5/ Worst 5 James Bond Films: Still high on Skyfall? Check these out.
- Top 10 Time Travel Films: Great Scott!
- Top 10 Political Thrillers: As if Election Night wasn’t nerve-wracking enough…
- Top 10 Risky Performances in Cinema: A.k.a., when pretty people make themselves look ugly.
- How Twilight Was a Good Thing for Women in Film: A counterpoint to the Bella Swan Is a Feminist’s Nightmare argument.
- Top 5 Awkward Thanksgiving Dinners in Film: And you thought your family was bad…
- Top 10 Hitchcock Films (That Aren’t Psycho or The Birds): There are great Hitchcock films beyond the two that get rerun on AMC every other weekend, you know.
- Christopher Nolan’s Films From Best to Worst: Nolan’s had one of the more interesting directorial arcs in recent memory (going from Following to The Dark Knight Rises); use this as a debate-starter at your New Year’s Eve party!
Additional reportage by Krystal Clark
What will you remember most about 2012?