ScreenCrave is in full holiday mode. Over the past week, we’ve posted Christmas-themed stories to get you in the spirit. If you’ve missed any reviews or lists, you can find them all here. We also have gift guides and suggestions as to what you should watch this week.
- Les Miserables Movie Review: Oscar-winner Tom Hooper directs this big screen adaptation of Victor Hugo’s classic novel. Les Miserables features an all-star cast led by Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway.
- Django Unchained: Movie Review: Quentin Tarantino’s back with a spaghetti western set in Pre-Civil War America. Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz play an odd couple, who square off against an evil Leonardo DiCaprio.
- This is 40: Movie Review: Judd Apatow reunites Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd from 2007′s Knocked Up. Their onscreen marriage is put to the test when the mother and wife turns the big 4-0.
- The Impossible: Movie Review: Based on a true story, The Impossible centers on a family torn apart by a natural disaster. Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts portray parents, who are desperate to reunite.
- Jack Reacher: Movie Review: Tom Cruise is large and in charge as Jack Reacher. He brings the literary hero to life in this film adaptation of Lee Child’s One Shot.
- Monsters, Inc. 3D: Movie Review: Here’s an oldie but goodie. For a limited time, 2001′s Monsters, Inc. is back in theaters. And this time, it has even more dimension!
- Guilt Trip: Movie Review: Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand play mother in son in The Guilt Trip. It’s a family comedy that’s sure to warm the soul.
- Zero Dark Thirty: Movie Review: Kathryn Bigelow has re-imagined one of the greatest feats in American history – the fall of Osama Bin Laden. With a cast led by Oscar-hopeful Jessica Chastain, Zero Dark Thirty’s one to watch.
- The Best Movies In Theaters To Watch This Christmas: What’s playing in theaters? Let us be your guide to the holiday movie offerings. Everything from drama, comedy and musicals are at your fingertips.
- ScreenCrave’s 2012 Christmas Gift Guide For Comic Book Lovers: Christmas is almost here. Here’s some help for your neighborhood fanboy.
- ScreenCrave’s 2012 Christmas Gift Guide For Movie Lovers: Cinephiles are hard to shop for because they’ve seen it all. Thankfully, our gift guide can get you out of a rut.
- ScreenCrave’s 2012 Christmas Gift Guide For Movie Lovers – Part 2:
End of the Year:
- Top 5 Horror Films of 2012: It’s been a big year for horror, but only five movies scared us senseless. Here are our picks for the best horror films of 2012.
- The Worst and Most Disappointing Films Of 2012: You have to take the good with the bad, and 2012 had plenty of clunkers. View them all here.
- Top 10 WTF TV Moments of 2012: TV brought its A-game this year. There were so many jaw-dropping moments that left us in shock for weeks. Here are 10 that had a lasting impression.
What to Watch on TV:
- 2012 Holiday TV and Movie Schedule: Set your DVRs, curl up and watch some quality television. The extended weekend is filled with Christmas classics as well as contemporary favorites. The variety is endless.
Happy Holidays from everyone here at ScreenCrave!