The Place Beyond The Pines is the second coming of realist director Derek Cianfrance, who teamed up with his Blue Valentine star (and celebrity lookalike) Ryan Gosling. The film has generated a lot of buzz since Sundance, and we thought we would have a chance to see it this year, but sadly Focus Features gave it a 2013 release date. Today the first trailer for the film hit the web. It features both Gosling and Bradley Cooper doing some pretty fantastic acting. Also, the MTV Movie Awards have found their 2013 host in none other than Fat Amy, a.k.a. Rebel Wilson. We also have the last poster for Steven Soderbergh‘s Side Effects. All that and more below.
- Rebel Wilson Hosting MTV Movie Awards: Next year’s MTV Movie Awards is looking up. Australian funny lady Rebel Wilson was just announced as the event’s host, and extremely happy to hear that. Wilson made a splash in this year’s Pitch Perfect and we have a good feeling that 2013 is going to be her year. Source: Movieline
- Things You Can’t See With The Naked Eye: Unreality Magazine posted a gallery of things that you can’t normally see with the naked eye. It’s mainly hard to pronounce things like the porous structure of ground coffee. It’s fascinating. Check it out.
- Kristen Stewart Returning To Huntsman Sequel: Kristen Stewart confirmed to Indiewire that she was,
obviouslyin fact, returning for the Snow White and the Hunstman sequel, but she wasn’t too eager to talk about it. She said, “The other day I said that there was a strong possibility that we’re going to make a sequel, and that’s very true, but everyone was like, ‘Whoa, stop talking about it.’ So no, I’m totally not allowed to talk about it.” She did hint that they’ve got an amazing something. We’re guessing director? No?
- Ridley Scott Directing TV Pilot: Ridley Scott is moving to TV. The famous director has just signed on to direct the first pilot of The Vatican, a provocative contemporary genre thriller set up at Showtime. Production will begin in 2013. Source: Coming Soon
- Disney Schedule Announced: Disney announced the release dates for all of their 2013 movies. First up is Oz: The Great and Powerful on March 8th, followed by Iron Man 3 on May 3rd. Then on June 21st there’s Pixar’s Monsters University, followed by The Lone Ranger on July 3rd. After that, it’s time for The Little Mermaid re-release (in 3D) on September 13th. On October 4th DreamWorks’ Delivery Man hits theaters. In November there’s two movies: Thor: The Dark World on the 8th, and Frozen on the 27th. The last film of the year will be Saving Mr. Banks, which hits theaters on December 20th.
- The Place Beyond The Pines Trailer: Blue Valentine director Derek Cianfrance reunited with Ryan Gosling for The Place Beyond the Pines, a crime thriller about a motorcycle stunt rider who commits a crime in order to provide for his wife and child. The first trailer for the film has hit the web. It’s a fantastic clip that nails down Cianfrance’s raw style. It’s packed with exciting moments and the music compliments the visuals nicely. Watch the trailer below:
- Last Side Effects Poster: The last poster for Steven Soderbergh’s Side Effects features Jude Law, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara. The film hits theaters on February 8th. Check out the poster below:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.