In the first promo, BFF’s Tina Fey and Amy Poehler give us a sneak peek at what the Golden Globes will be like on January 13th. And we cannot wait. The Globes are going to be amazing and hilarious and awesome because you just can’t go wrong with hosts like these. Also, Pixar released the very first look at Monsters University. And we’ve got another 2012 movie-mashup video for you to watch. All that and more below.
- Alice In Wonderland Sequel: It took a while, but here it is. We are getting an Alice In Wonderland sequel. According to Vulture, Linda Woolverton, who wrote the last Alice and also The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast, is working on the sequel.
- Homeland Producers Sell Pilot To FX: Homeland producer Howard Gordon sold a drama pilot, entitled Tyrant, to FX. Lost producer Craig Wright is also part of the team and will serve as showrunner. Tyrant is about an “unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation.” Mm, the show sounds a lot like a hit show that’s already airing on television. Source: A.V. Club
- Johnny Depp Confirmed For Transcendence: Johnny Depp has been confirmed for Transcendence, the highly-anticipated sci-fi movie that’s being directed by famed cinematographer Wally Pfister. In the film, Depp will play a scientist whose brain is uploaded into a supercomputer. If you’re confused about that last sentence, head over to The Wrap. They were able to get a look at the film’s script summary and dish on details. Also worth noting is that actresses Rooney Mara, Emily Blunt and Rebecca Hall are up to play the female lead. Source: Indiewire
- Star Wars Christmas Cards: Excited about Star Wars Episode VII? Why not showcase your enthusiasm by giving people Star Wards-themed Christmas cards? PJ McQuade made a whole bunch of them, which you can check out at Unreality Magazine.
- Alien Sculpture: Ridley Scott‘s Prometheus was one of the most entertaining movies of the year. And it’s saddens us to know that it isn’t getting any love lately (with awards season and all). But one guy loved the movie enough to make a Prometheus Styled Alien Wire Sculpture. Check it out at Unreality Magazine.
- Welcome To The Punch Trailer: Are you a fan of British crime dramas? What about James McAvoy? If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, you’re going to want to keep on reading. Welcome To The Punch is a British crime thriller, starring McAvoy. The film is helmed by Shifty director Eran Creevy. Here’s the trailer:
- First Golden Globes Promo: We are very excited about the Golden Globes for two simple reasons: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. They’re hosting and we can’t wait! TV is going to be all kinds of awesome on January 13th (the premiere of Girls is also on that night). Here’s a taste of what’s coming:
- Filmography 2012: Here’s another 2012 movie-mashup, edited by Genrocks. Special thanks to /Film for posting it. Take a look:
- First Look At Frozen: Next year, Disney will unveil a new heroine tale with Frozen. The film tells the story of Anna, a brave optimist who goes against her sister Elsa, also known as the Snow Queen, to rescue the kingdom from her icy spell. Frozen is expected to hit theaters November 27, 2013. Here’s the first look at the film:
- First Look At Monsters University: Disney release two new images from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. prequel Monsters University. Director Dan Scanlon told EW that the movie is set around the time Mike and Sulley meet in college, and there’s even a Frat party in the mix. Monsters University opens June 21, 2013. Check out the images below:
That’s the end of our round-up for this week. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for this week?