This week’s Nikita got a boost in testosterone thanks to Isaiah Mustafa. The former Old Spice Guy guest starred in “Sideswipe” and left a memorable impression. We also got one step closer to the mole, who may or may not be working alone.
- Director: Joshua Butler
- Writer: Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, Lyndie Greenwood, Peter Outerbridge, Sarah Allen, Isaiah Mustafa
Episode Title: “Sideswipe”
Division tracks down agent-turned arms dealer Cyrus (Isaiah Mustafa) to confiscate a device called the Sideswipe. They also plan to use his connections to find Amanda and Ari’s hideout. Unfortunately, Amanda’s hip to their game and uses Cyrus to lure Nikita into an explosive trap. Meanwhile, Birkhoff finally uncovers the mole and it’s not who you’d think.
- And The Mole Is…: Kudos to our readers who suspected Sonya from the beginning. That entire reveal was well-played. Lyndie Greenwood brought it and Aaron Stanford was in rare form. You could tell Birkhoff was heartbroken by what she did. We were ready for him to pop her until she got teary-eyed and dropped another bombshell.
- They’re Not Alone: A second mole is among them. What. Is. Going. On? At this point, it has to be one of the main players — right? Sean’s out of the game, and Owen only appears every other episode. Who could it be?
- Sean Saves The Day: Speaking of Sean, where did he come from?! We have to admit, his return was pretty badass. Alex and her team were boxed in with no way out and he swooped in like a member of The Expendables.
- Torture 101: “I can smell her on you.” That’s what Amanda said to Cyrus before going to town on his flesh. Her obsession with Nikita knows no bounds. When we saw that knife case appear, we knew what time it was. It’s been a while since we’ve seen Amanda do what she does best. We sort of missed it.
- Alex: Tonight, Alex was like the Energizer Bunny. After popping some pills, she turned into the female Rambo. Even Michael noticed she was on edge. This situation can only end badly. If Alex keeps this up, Sean won’t be the only thing she loses.
- Division Alpha Teams: These guys are completely useless. They’re obviously filled with extras and stuntmen who can easily be killed off. Because of that, we usually ignore them but not this time. One agent jumped up and was immediately pumped full of bullets. What was his plan exactly? What did he hope to accomplish aside from death? They should at least try to look capable.
“Sideswipe” ended on a semi-cliffhanger. Nikita figured out that Amanda wants to hurt her emotionally. That means attacking her loved ones. This week, she proved she’ll go the extra mile for anyone who deserves it (i.e. Cyrus). Yet, the highlight for us was Birkhoff and Sonya. We can’t say enough about those two.
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW.
Who do you think is the second mole? Tell us in the comments!