The wait is over! The lone Guardian has returned. Devon Sawa is back on Nikita and this time he’s a series regular. In “Consequences” the actor reprises his role as Owen Elliot. And he’s not the only one to come out of hiding.
- Director: Nick Copus
- Writer: Kristen Reidel
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa, Noah Bean, Dillon Casey, Lyndie Greenwood, Peter Outerbridge, Sarah Allen
Episode Title: “Consequences”
Owen and Nikita reunite under dire circumstances. After escaping the clutches of Amanda, he’s found and brought to Division. He helps the team find a master key called a cryptograph that can access any computer in the world. Unfortunately, Amanda steals it, so they stage a home invasion to get it back. Meanwhile, Sean urges Alex to leave Division behind.
- Owen and Nikita: It’s been a long time but Owen’s returned. As expected, he’s not 100 percent on board with the “new” Division. After being holed up in a Russian prison, he escapes and finds a way to notify Nikita. Their reunion is filled with blood, bullets and tenderness. It seems like Nikita’s always nursing him back to health. Sorry Mikita fans, but their chemistry is still off the charts.
- Love is in the Air: Sean dropped the L word on Alex followed by a romantic movie kiss. Did she return his sentiment? She didn’t get a chance to. He gave her an ultimatum: leave Division, or he leaves her. Meanwhile, we still don’t know what happened between Sonya and Birkhoff, but they’re working through it. Sonya decided to give him a break and asked him out. Progress.
- Alex’s Relapse: Thanks to her emotional and physical turmoil, Alex is on edge. And it’s pushed her to pills. After adamantly refusing medication and alcohol, she caved. It’s great that they’re realistically portraying the life of an addict. It’s a daily struggle and you have pitfalls. They’re making good use of her history.
- All Hail the Ice Queen: Amanda’s come a long way from her broken down digs in season two. She went from a cheap motel to a mansion in Luxembourg. You can’t keep a good diva down. Also, the plot twist with her and Owen’s missing memories is intriguing. What did she do to him? And what really happened to “Sam?”
- The Traitor Within: There’s a mole inside Division. The obvious suspect would be Sean. He’s made no secret of his disdain for the place. But then again, him betraying them would put Alex in danger. There’s also Owen, whose brain is not his own. Amanda could have placed something in his head and activated it. What are your theories?
“Consequences” was a great episode. The return of both Owen and Amanda in one sitting was fantastic. Their reappearance opened a new can of worms. What’s Owen’s real identity and what does Amanda have planned for Nikita’s coming nuptials?
Nikita returns Friday at 8 p.m. on November 30.
What did you think of this week’s episode?