It’s a “Halloween Surprise” in Pawnee this year on the latest episode of Parks and Recreation, which delivers plenty of delicious comedy treats, and…oh yeah – a surprise!
Check below for the full review….
- Director: Michael Schur
- Writers: Dean Holland
- Cast: Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, Adam Scott, Aziz Ansari, Jim O’Heir, Retta, Aubrey Plaza, Rob Lowe, and Chris Pratt
Episode Title: “Halloween Surprise”
Andy ropes Ron into taking Diane’s daughters trick-or-treating, while Leslie holds a fundraiser for Jerry.
- Wedding Bells: Wow! What a proposal to close down a damn funny episode. A lovely, touching scene with Ben and Leslie, just when we thought they might be headed for rocky waters. I guess this means the wedding takes over as the central theme?
- Donna! She has a Twitter feed, and it can be NSFW. Need link now! She will also live-tweet your conversation, so beware.
- Tables: Ron has one for sale: Good Table: $500.00. Nice to see a more vulnerable Ron when dealing with Diane, even if the plot in the episode was just okay.
- April: Not featured but for maybe a minute, but still delivering laughs.
- Florida: Pretty sure there are no swamp sharks in Florida, Leslie!
- Rent-A-Swag: Tom could be onto something with this business idea.
- Jen Barclay: Always nice to see the return of Kathryn Hahn as the wheelin’ and dealin’ Jen Barclay.
- Chris Traeger: He’s a friend, city manager and aspiring life coach. And even with such good hair, he still requires therapy fives times a week. Nice touch with the glasses during the screening of Death Canoe 4: Murder At Blood Lake – the best one according to Donna.
- Best Line: Ladies and gentleman, Ben Wyatt: “I was gonna get a chicken parm and watch Blade Runner.”
- Tricks and Treats: The Ron/Halloween plot sputtered along, though it did provide some funny moments. Not totally sold on the addition of Lucy Lawless.
The proposal is definitely a wow moment – perfectly played by both actors. The episode wold have been a success without it, but the way it was going fans would be thinking trouble ahead for Ben and Leslie considering Ben’s job offer in Florida. But instead we get Ben and Leslie: Engaged! It will be interesting to see where the writers go with the engagement/wedding.
Parks and Recreation airs on NBC at 9:30 pm (ET/PT) on Thursday nights.
What did you think of tonight’s episode?