Well, the Toronto International Film Festival has finally wrapped up, and with its ending comes the big winners, including the People’s Choice Award, which, as Indiewire notes, can be “a good luck charm for Oscar” (previous winners include The King’s Speech, Slumdog Millionaire, and Precious). We’ve got the full list of winners—check them out below.
The much buzzed-about Silver Linings Playbook took the top award (dig the quirky trailer here)—making it seem more and more like director David O. Russell may have another crack at the Oscars (his last film, The Fighter, snagged, among others, Best Picture and Best Director nominations). Moving on, check out the full list:
- People’s Choice Award: Silver Linings Playbook, directed by David O. Russell
- People’s Choice Award For Documentary: Artifact, directed by Bartholomew Cubbins
- People’s Choice Award For Midnight Madness: Seven Psychopaths, directed by Martin McDonagh
- Best Canadian Feature Film: Laurence Anyways, directed by Xavier Dolan
- Best Canadian First Feature Film: Antiviral, directed by Brandon Cronenberg and Blackbird, directed by Jason Buxton (TIE)
- Prizes of the International Critics (FIPRESCI Prize) for Special Presentations Section: In The House, directed by Francois Ozon
- Prizes of the International Critics (FIPRESCI Prize) for Discovery Section: Call Girl, directed by Mikael Marcimain
- NETPAC Award For Best Asian Film: The Land of Hope, directed by Sion Sono
- Award For Best Canadian Short Film: Keep a Modest Head, directed by Deco Dawson
What do you think of the TIFF winners?