This week, Dane Cook made some bad jokes about The Dark Knight Rises incident that happened in Aurora, Colorado less than a week ago. He has since apologized for poking fun at the shooting, but we all know that that doesn’t really help. Mindy Kaling will be reprising her role as Kelly Kapoor on The Office‘s ninth season after all. We’ve also got the new poster for her show The Mindy Project. All that and more below.
- Jennifer Jason Leigh Lands TV Show: Jennifer Jason Leigh is adding to her resume. She’s just jumping from one TV show to another. Leigh just booked a starring role on the upcoming second season of Revenge. She’ll be playing the presumed-dead mother of Emily (played by Emily VanCamp). So even though Weeds will be over this season, Leigh already has her next gig ready to go. Good for her. [via The Hollywood Reporter]
- Grey’s Anatomy Loses Actor: Actor Eric Dane has quit his day job. He told TVLine that he’s grateful to everyone at Grey Anatomy‘s, but his days as Dr. Mark “McSteamy” Sloan are over (actually they’re numbered). Dane will appear on the show for a number of episodes, but he’ll slowly make his exit. Eventually there will be no more McSteamy!
- Pop Pilgrims: In this week’s episode of Pop Pilgrims, The A.V. Club interviews Lebowski Fest co-founder Scott Shuffitt to discuss The Big Lebowski‘s rabid fan base and the various locations that made The Dude’s journey memorable. Check that out.
- Alcohol Moments: Unreality Magazine put together a list of Five Memorable Movie Moments Fueled by Genuine Alcohol Consumption. The list does not advertise alcohol consumption, so if you wanna get drunk after you read the article, that’s entire your own choice. Anyway, go check that out.
- Mindy Kaling News: Kelly Kapoor’s future on The Office had been uncertain up until now. Vulture reported this week that Mindy Kaling would be returning to the show next season (number 9) for at least two episodes. And in other Mindy news, the new poster for her other show The Mindy Project, hit the web this week, check it out:
- Dane Cook Being Dane Cook: Dane Cook just wants attention. It hasn’t even been a week since the Aurora Shooting and the guy is already making bad jokes. Last night at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles, Cook told his audience, “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh fucking shoot me.’” You can hear the footage below:
[via The A.V. Club]
That’s the end of our round-up. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?
Other Sources: TMZ