Back at E3 this year we were pleasantly surprised to see Disney unveil the first trailer for their new animated feature Wreck-it Ralph. All those who saw it were immediately floored by what we’ll be getting from the House of Mouse later on this year. So naturally they showcased their super geeky movie at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
Rich Moore, the director of the adorable animated movie, walked onto the Hall H stage and presented Comic-Con fans some new clips. Here’s what we saw:
- We were shown the Wreck-it Ralph opening where we see exactly how the Fix-It Felix game works. Ralph (John C. Reilly) is providing voice-over, explaining the game as we see it play out. At the end of the day Ralph is by his lonesome, curled up underneath a pile of bricks with a spectacular view of the building he tears apart in the game.
- Ralph is at Bad-Anon, a group created for video game bad guys who need help. While there we’re introduced to a number of familiar villain faces including Bowser, Bison and even Clyde from Pac-Man. Ralph talks about how he doesn’t want to be the hero anymore, but the rest of the group brushes it off. They end their session and it’s revealed that it’s taking place in the little start area for the ghosts in the Pac-Man game. Ralph takes the game cherry from Pac-Man with him.
- Ralph gets out of the Pac-Man world and is in Game Central Station where you can transfer from one game to another. While he’s walking across, Sonic is shown on an information booth screen explaining that if you go into a game that isn’t your own and die, that you can’t regenerate. Obvious foreshadowing but that’s fine.
- We’re in the game Hero’s Duty which more or less looks like a mesh of Halo and other first person shooter games of that sort. Their leader, Sergeant Calhoun (Jane Lynch), leads her group of men towards their ship where they hear a strange sound. It’s revealed that it’s Fix-It Felix Jr. (Jack McBrayer) who was looking for Ralph. When Sergeant Calhoun pins him down, he gets one look at her face and is immediately love struck.
- Vanellope von Schweetz (Sarah Silverman) is watching in horror as her candy and cookie created race car is being torn apart by her opponents. One of the little girls, obviously the leader, pushes her into the mud and calls her a “glitch.” She flickers occasionally whenever you see her in this scene. Ralph sees what they’re doing and scares them off. Vanellope doesn’t want any of his help, and Ralph doesn’t like her attitude given the fact that she stole his medal that he earned in Hero’s Duty. Vanellope thought she heard him say “Hero’s Doody” and proceeds to say a few jokes on the faux title.
After the footage presentation was done Rich Moore let us in on a little secret. Skrillex is actually providing the soundtrack for the Hero’s Duty portion of the movie. Surely some music fans out there must be excited over that.
Wreck-it Ralph will be out in theaters on November 2, 2012. Check out the brand new image below.
Check out our coverage of the official Wreck-It Ralph Comic-Con press conference.
What do you think?