Last night’s finale of the hit drama Revenge was the culmination of weeks of waiting and wanting. The outcome might not have been what you dreamed, but it was everything you needed. “Reckoning” was filled with heart-stopping moments thanks to big surprises, double-crossing and vengeance!
Find out more in our review below…
- Director: Sanford Bookstaver
- Writers: Mike Kelley & Mark B. Perry
- Cast: Madeleine Stowe, Emily VanCamp, Gabriel Mann, Henry Cxerny, Ashley Madekwe, Nick Wechsler, Josh Bowman, Christa B. Allen, James Morrison, Amber Valletta, Emily Alyn Lind, James Tupper, Michael Reilly Burke, Rachel DiPillo
Episode Title “Reckoning”
Emily prepares to execute the final stages of her plan. As the Graysons continue to fall to pieces, an unexpected disaster occurs. It threatens everything she’s worked for, and it’s not the only shock of the night.
- Handcuffs are Nothing: Lately, the writers have been a little light-handed with Emily. Having her unprepared for simple plot points have left holes in her all-powerful mystique. Handcuffs can’t stop her!
- Empty Box: The forethought it took for Victoria to give the betrothed an empty box for a wedding gift was truly inspired. But to take time to rub salt in Emily’s wounds by revealing it? That’s the kind of move that keeps viewers salivating for more of Victoria’s vindictiveness.
- The Plane: Early on, the White Haired Man revealed that he was headed to the airport. Still, Victoria and Lydia’s impending doom didn’t dawn on us until they actually boarded the plane. Destroying the evidence and presumably the key witnesses to David Clarke’s innocence ensures the longevity of Emily’s plan for at least another season. But don’t be surprised if Victoria manages to rise from the ashes. She’s a force that can’t be quelled by a little fall and fire.
- American Initiative: Last week, it was hypothesized that “the initiative” could be a primary focus for vengeance next season. Nolan’s discovery pretty much ensured that while Emily doesn’t care for them now, she will sooner than later.
- Emily’s Mom: It’s quite easy for a drama to earn the title “primetime soap opera.” They have all the twists and turns of daytime soaps with a soupcon more believability. Emily’s mother being alive is just one of the many reasons Revenge has earned that moniker. Rest assured the writers will develop a storyline that makes her disappearance as legitimate as her sudden reappearance.
- Amanda: How the usurper of Emily’s one true love got away from Takeda is beyond the realm of imagination. Amanda returned just in time to ruin Emily and Jack’s chance at real happiness. Who’s to say whose baby that is? For all we know that thing could have three heads. Of course Jack has to fall on his sword and care for the child he assumes is his blood. The surprise pregnancy will keep the love triangle alive, as well as the will-they-won’t-they of Jack and Emily’s relationship.
- Leaving Charlotte: With the plane laid in wreckage, it makes sense that Charlotte wasn’t on it. But it seems completely misguided and self-involved for even Victoria to leave her child alone at a time like this. Especially after Daniel warned her of Charlotte’s needs. From the start of the season Charlotte, like Jack, has been the show’s punching bag. And it doesn’t seem like that will be changing anytime soon.
- “I’m not here because of how my father was framed. I’m here because of how he died.”
- “Champagne is always appropriate.”
The most frustrating thing about a quality program like Revenge is having to wait three months for more. This season’s finale was everything fans expected and hoped it to be. There wasn’t a moment where a character wasn’t embroiled in some treachery or deceit. There was even a new alliance of sorts; something is brewing between Daniel and Ashley. Figure out your DVR schedules now, because when Revenge switches to Sundays, you won’t want to miss a single moment.
Revenge will return this fall, and air Wednesday nights at 9 p.m. on ABC.
What did you think of last night’s finale?