Had Community not been renewed for next season, “Introduction to Finality” would have been its series’ finale. It tied up loose ends and showed us the future of the Greendale Seven. But thankfully, the comedy is returning and we have more hilarious antics to look forward to. In the last episode of the season, the gang is back at school, cramming for their Biology final. Things appear to be back to normal, but are they?
Check out our review below …
- Director: Adam Davidson
- Writer: Adam Countee
- Cast: Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Donald Glover, Alison Brie, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong
Episode Title: “Introduction to Finality”
Jeff represents Shirley in a dispute with Pierce, who in turn, retains the services of Jeff’s former colleague. Elsewhere, Vice Dean Laybourne makes one last attempt to lure Troy to the Air Conditioning Repair Annex.
- Evil Abed: Troy’s absence always makes Abed extra vulnerable. And whenever that happens, Evil Abed makes an appearance. We love Evil Abed. He’s a bad ass who chain smokes and makes children cry. His reverse psychology on Britta was hilarious. He insulted her in every way, shape, and form. He even went as far as to call her Jim Belushi. Why does Community hate him so much by the way?
- Montage: Montages are the king of clichés, but somehow Community makes them work. The episode’s final moments wrapped up a bunch of storylines, showing us the future of the group. We see Shirley’s sandwich shop open, Jeff passing biology and Britta moving in to Troy, Abed and Annie’s apartment. The montage also sets up future storylines, with a pleasant surprise at the end. We see the return of Dino Stamatopoulos as a very-alive Star-Burns!
- #sixseasonsandamovie: Tweet it. Facebook it. Instagram it. Make Community famous people. Let’s not allow another Arrested Development incident to happen. Thank you.
- Jeff’s Speech: We love that Shirley is finally getting her sandwich shop. Unfortunately, she had to deal with Pierce first. Therefore, Shirley and Pierce headed to Greendale court. While the “Trial of the Sandwich Shop” had its moments, Jeff’s speech wasn’t one of them. The thing is, Jeff is an amazing speaker, it’s part of who he is. The problem is that he continues to make the same mistakes over and over again. He’s so quick to forget that his friends do mean everything to him. He forgets that he’s not the same jerk from three years ago. His speeches need new meaning.
- Another Death: Vice Dean Laybourne is dead? What?! Why are so many characters dying?
- “Did someone say sexy construction worker?”
- “Shut up Leonard. I know about your cricked wang.”
- “The true repair man will repair man.”
- “Crazy? Paranoid? Impotent?”
- “Where I come from his name is Lame Abed.”
- “You’re VH1, RoboCop 2, and Back To The Future 3. You’re the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually that sounds delicious. I’m the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You’re Jim Belushi.”
- “I am the truest repair man!”
- “This place has made you so gay.”
- “No! No. Take him to the police. He murdered someone.”
“Introduction to Finality” did a good job of wrapping up the season. It wasn’t high concept or a tribute to some legendary show, but it didn’t need to be. We got that with “Digital Estate Planning.” Plus, high concept episodes are best in small doses. This one got the job done.
Community will return next season at a new day and time. Fridays at 8:30 p.m. on NBC
What did you think of last night’s finale?