Percival Rose is taking his plan to the next level. In this week’s Nikita, the Division Director is done with child’s play. He’s going after the Oval Office. In “Crossbow” Nikita becomes the last string of defense for the President of the United States. This mission is bigger than anything she’s ever trained for. The fate of the country and the world is in her hands.
Check out our review below…
- Director: Danny Cannon
- Writer: Andrew Colville
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Dillon Casey, Noah Bean, Brian Howe
Episode Title: “Crossbow”
Former Division recruit Robbie (guest star Bug Hall) breaks into Maxwell Air Force station. He swipes the motherboards for an old missile defense system called “Operation Crossbow.” Percy wants to use them to go nuclear. Nikita and company, take on a suicide mission to steal them from Division. Unfortunately, they run into a few complications along the way.
- No more running: Earlier this week, we interviewed Maggie Q and she said Nikita was done running. Percy has really forced her hand. Desperate times call for desperate measures and we’re OK with that. After five years, we’d be tired of taking the high road too. Her and Michael went straight into the Devil’s lair.
- Bikita kiss: So, Birkhoff kissed Nikita. He thought he’d never see her again and did it as a precaution. It could have been semi-romantic if he didn’t follow it with: “May the force be with you.” Can we give props to Shane West (Michael) for his reaction shot? No one does side-eye like him.
- Ma and Pa Kent: Division’s secret entrance was protected by a couple affectionately called Ma and Pa Kent. They were both implanted with kill-chips, so if they die, Percy will know something’s up. Pa gave Ma permission to snap his neck to warn home base. It was a disturbing scene, but also badass. Their blind devotion was unnerving.
- Percy’s power: President Grayson (Cameron Daddo) had it right. How is it that the combined might of the United States military forces are helpless against a madman? In New Jersey? Sometimes Percy seems too smart for his own good. In what world, can you pull anything over on the CIA? Their secrets have secrets. They’re literally in the business of knowing. It’s in their title: Central Intelligence Agency.
- Mystery man: Who is this European guy Percy is obsessed with? He’s going to great lengths to impress him and we’re not sure why. Is Percy that desperate to be part of some top-secret club?
“Crossbow” left us slightly unfulfilled. But only because it ended on a cliffhanger. Michael blew Division’s basement with Nikita in tow, then it cut to black. It served more as a set-up to the finale than anything else. The stakes kept getting higher and higher. We knew they wouldn’t be able to resolve this in one episode.
Nikita airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode?