The hunt is on. Last night’s episode of Gossip Girl was all about discovering Chuck’s real parents. The whole gang played a part in this giant scheme, but ultimately it was Chuck and Blair’s reunion that stole the show. “Raiders of the Lost Art” ended with an unbelievable and shocking conclusion.
Check out our full review…
- Director: Bart Wenrich
- Writer: Jake Coburn
- Cast: Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick
Episode Title: “Raiders of the Lost Art“
Chuck, Nate, Blair, Serena and Lola team up to uncover what they think is an explosive secret between Diana and Jack. Meanwhile, Dan is offered a prestigious fellowship in Rome for the summer.
- The Reunion: Blair and Chuck reunite. The old team is back just like in the good old days of Gossip Girl. After Nate stole Diana’s coded day planner last week, he and Chuck were having a hard time cracking the code. So, Chuck recruits Blair and she accepts. She even climbs into the back of his limo – oh the wonderful things that happened there. Together, Chuck and Blair are able to crack the code: Blair with her ‘cipher slide’, and Chuck with his incredible knowledge of country codes. It was nice to see them go back to their scheming ways because no one does it better than they do.
- The Hunt Is Over (SPOILERS!): Who is Chuck’s daddy? Yup, you guessed it, it’s Bart Bass. He’s back, and not in the dream sequence kind-of-way. Bart Bass is alive and tad bit too tan. So, why come back Bart? Why fake your own death? Those are questions that’ll have to be answered in the remaining two episodes. For now, Chuck and Bart’s run-in was just the twist this season needed to make it memorable.
- OGB: Dan calls Blair “OGB”, an acronym that stands for “Original gangster Blair.” The way Dan delivers that line is hilarious. I would totally buy a T-Shirt with that slogan printed on it.
- Serena’s Gossip Girl Days Are Over: Lola finally convinces Nate that Serena is the current GG. The two then come up with an elaborate scheme to take down Serena and give the original GG back her website. The plan isn’t thoroughly explained, but is successful. Original GG gets her website back and Serena loses everything. Being GG was never a good look for Serena. She became this heinous person who, like Nate said, cut herself off from everyone she cared about. She hid behind a computer and spread lies about her friends when she should have been strolling down the streets of NYC making out with strangers. But not being GG will have its drawbacks. How will Serena deal with this? We suggest the writers get her drunk. She needs it.
- Three Little Words: Remember how hard it was for Blair to get Chuck to say ‘I love you’? Well, that’s not the case with Dan. Once again, Dan says ‘I love you’ to a girl who doesn’t immediately say it back. Dan spends the entire episode playing jealous, which is not a good look for him.
- Diana Payne: If Diana isn’t Chuck’s mother, then what the hell is she doing on this show? She nearly ruined the best moment of the season. Why was she standing next to Bart when Chuck walked into the room? Who is this British devil? And why won’t she go away?
Last night’s episode deserves a round of applause. Bringing Bart back from the dead was a risky move, but it played out well. Also, getting Chuck and Blair back together for a scheme is something old Gossip Girl fans yearn for. Thank you for that writers.
Gossip Girl airs at 8 p.m. on The CW.