The British are coming, the British are coming – and they’re taking over America’s Next Top Model! This week, Seymone was sent home, leaving just two Americans and four Brits in the running to become fashion’s newest it girl. With the odds against them, do the Yanks have a chance or are the English giving them a run for their money?
Check out our review…
- Judges: Tyra Banks, Nigel Barker, Kelly Cutrone, Jay Manual, Georgina Chapman
- Models: Alisha White, Annaliese Dayes, Catherine Thomas, Eboni Davis, Laura LaFrate, Seymone Cohen-Fobish, Sophie Sumner
Episode Title: “Georgina Chapman”
This week, the girls’ challenge was to walk in a fashion show for the Dorchester Collection. There were four designers showing with one model opening for each. Alisha, one of the Brits, opened for Anndra Neen, who won the challenge, making her the model victor. For the photo shoot competition, they modeled couture Hello Kitty dresses. Alisha got top photo and the other British girls took three of the following four spots.
- Hello Kitty: The handmade couture Hello Kitty outfits really stole the show in this episode. They were lavish, extravagant, and over the top. Who wouldn’t want one of those custom costumes for themselves?
- Alisha: After landing in the bottom two last week, Alisha pulled out a win. As one of the underdogs in the competition, she spoke about how both her parents hold down three jobs to support her. Alisha really stepped it up this time, leading the Brits to a solid win.
- Laura: Although she has a pretty grating personality, Laura faces every challenge and photo shoot head on. Aside from her previous meltdown over a stuffed animal, her generally positive attitude is really likeable. Even with a 40 pound dress covered in metal lunch boxes she managed to twist and contort into some amazing poses.
- Sophie: Sophie showed that her charming and bubbly attitude can crossover into Obnoxious-ville when she blatantly sucked up to one of the designers during the challenge. She also did a pretty sub-par job at her shoot, despite last week’s win.
- Seymone: Seymone’s attitude was just too much this episode. She complained because Kelly Cutrone gave her constructive criticism on her walk; she complained because her wig hurt; she complained because people called her out on her complaining. The judges were right in sending her home for not appreciating the opportunity she was given.
- Eboni: Show after show Eboni has spurned her “30-never” character and now it’s finally starting to catch up with her. She needs to embrace her pigtails or she’s going to be the next model sent home.
This episode brought a little drama into the competition. With only two girls left representing the U.S., and one of them being Eboni, the next few challenges should be quite suspenseful.
America’s Next Top Model: British Invasion airs Wednesday nights at 9:00 pm on the CW.
What did you think of this week’s episode?