The Season 4 finale finds the ladies of the ATL at a crossroads after a season of personal speed bumps, sex toys and South Africa and the talls and the smalls say adios until next season… well, except for rumored to be axed Sheree. Check out our full review below!
- Cast: Kandi Burruss, Kim Zolciak, Phaedra Parks, Cynthia Bailey, Nene Leakes and Sheree Whitfield
Episode Title: Happiness & Joy
The standout this season was entrepreneuse Kandi trying everything from country music to clitoral stimulators to make a buck, while awful person Nene somehow managed to get a recurring role on Glee (seriously?) and Kim gave birth to a baby and a likeable personality.
- Kim and Kroy: Never in a million years did I think Kim would a) be charismatic and engaging and b) be in a healthy, stable relationship, but here we are! Kim even bought someone else an extravagant gift (a Porsche!) for a change. Is this really Kim?? Bravo even granted her a spin off show about her fall nuptials. To be continued…
- Kandi’s PG-13 Twitter Sex Party: After a rocky start auditioning “talent,” Kandi’s phalanx of male strippers conveniently descend upon the ladies and a collective squeal/gasp moment ensues. The party itself was awkward heaven, complete with Twitter followers, fans and friends and lots of vibrators dancing in water glasses. Seeing faux prudes Nene and Marlo squirm at the site of men giving clothed massages was priceless.
- Overpriced sex toys: What’s made of silicone, powered by a cheap motor and goes for well over $100 for absolutely no reason? “High end” adult toys. Pu-lease, Kandi girl, I respect your game, but your line looks exactly like eeeeverything else out there and you even admitted it in a past episode! Props for being open about sexuality, I suppose, but pushing a pricey vanity line, no matter what is it, gets an eye roll.
- Scammy modeling schools: Cynthia’s Bailey Agency casting call is like a low loooow rent America’s Next Top Model complete with a panel of hangers on to pluck a few diamonds from the rough of Atlanta. She holds her head high amongst the gaggle of wide eyed hopefuls with a Tyra-like glint in her eye, feeling the rush of power and swirl of dollar signs.
- Gold diggers: Nene has officially taken Kim’s gold digger crown (looks like a raggedy blonde wig) by awkwardly accepting clichéd, overpriced gifts a la Louboutins, Rolexes, etc. with her mark more or less saying that with the $30,000 Rolex, he was hers. What did he really get? A hug and a shameless shrug. Remember when being awful kept you OFF television? Sigh.
This season was a 90%-humidity-without-air-conditioning kind of torture. You sit through it, but you just can’t wait for it to be over. It wasn’t all bad: you got to see Phaedra handle everything from dildos to dead bodies, Nene fight with any animate object and the ladies embarrass their way through South Africa on Bravo’s dime. Mild entertainment value aside, this wasn’t the best season of the Real Housewives, but like the sun, another episode from another city will rise tomorrow and the day will start anew.
The Real Housewives of Atlanta will return in a few months, but stay tuned for Real Housewives of New Jersey!
What did you think if this week’s finale episode of RHATL?