Time for another round-up of this week’s entertainment bits and pieces. The official logo for Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel hit the web; The Weinstein Company finally gave Paul Thomas Anderson‘s The Master a release date; and the trailer for Safety Not Guaranteed is out. All that and more below.
- Reasons You Should Be Watching Shameless: If you’re not watching Shameless, shame on you. Unreality Magazine wants you to jump on board, and they’ve got 5 good reasons why you should be watching, all mainly having to do with the amazing cast.
- From Board Game To Movie: With Battleship opening soon, Unreality Magazine decided to post a list of ’5 Board Games That Will Probably Become Movies’. This is, of course, a ridiculous concept because the idea is so uninspired and unoriginal. The list includes games Don’t Wake Daddy, Settlers of Catan (which I can actually picture being a huge blockbuster movie), and Hungry Hungry Hippos. They’ve even outlined a plot and lined-up a cast for each.
- Release Date For The Master: Paul Thomas Anderson’s upcoming film The Master has an official release date. According to /film, the movie will be released by The Weinstein Company on October 12th; the release will start out as limited but will eventually expand. Mark you calendars!
- Old Villains: Ever wonder what Michael Meyers will look like as an old man? Unreality Magazine posted a photo gallery by Federico Chiesa that imagines what movie bad guys like Freddy, Jason and the Shining Twins do when they’re too old to scare people anymore. It’s worth checking out.
- Man Of Steel Logo: The official logo for Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel has been revealed. It’s got a dark look to it, with the famous ‘S’ appearing to be on fire.
- 8-Bit Movie Posters: The Curious Brain posted some cool 8-bit posters by Eric Palmer. There’s a wide variety of poster choices including V For Vendetta, 300, The Dark Knight, and Jurassic Park.
- Safety Not Guaranteed Trailer: Aubrey Plaza made a splash at Sundance this year in Safety Not Guaranteed, a movie about a magazine intern (Plaza) who starts a relationship with a guy (Mark Duplass) who puts an ad in a newspaper seeking a partner to time travel with. The movie was picked up by FilmDistrict and debuts June 8th. Here’s the trailer:
That’s the end of our round-up. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news and features.
What are you excited for?