This week TIME celebrated The Godfather‘s 40th Anniversary with a list of interesting facts that you probably didn’t know about; a video of young Woody Allen surfaced in which he’s basically plotting his Award-winning movie Midnight in Paris to an audience at a standup show; and the official promo for MTV’s “Punk’d” came out. Yup, it’s Friday again. Catch up on some of this week’s news below.
- New Information About The Godfather: This week The Godfather hit its 40 year anniversary. After four decades, it is still regarded as one of the greatest movies of all time. To celebrate this, TIME compiled a list of 40 interesting stories, anecdotes and tidbits from the film’s production. The list includes notes on the opening shot, alternate endings, casting choices, deleted scenes and more.
- Badass Actors: Normally we don’t hear about Hollywood actors getting stabbed, but there are a few out there who have like Steve Buscemi and Jeremy Renner. Unreality Magazine compiled a list of ‘Five Badass Actors That Got Stabbed And Lived’. In their opinion, getting stabbed and living to tell the tale officially makes you way cooler.
- 80s Movies: 80s movies aren’t the worst, but most aren’t the best, either. Still, there are a few movies from that decade that standout and still matter today. Unreality Magazine posted a list of ‘Seven 80s Movies That Somehow Didn’t Seem Cheesy Then’. The list includes titles like Karate Kid, Can’t Buy Me Love, and Valley Girl.
- Criminally Underrated: And finally, Unreality Magazine posted a list of ‘Five Criminally Underrated Movies You Should See’. Basically, the list is a compilation of various movies that didn’t become hits until way after they were released. The list includes titles like The Beach, Rounders and Gattaca.
- Woody Allen Plots Midnight In Paris During Standup: Woody Allen concocted the idea for his hit movie Midnight in Paris way before his twilight years. In the video below you’ll hear Allen doing a stand-up routine in which he describes his experiences with Ernest Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, and Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald. It’s surreal!
- New Generation of Punk’d: “Punk’d” is coming back with a bunch of new faces. It’s a whole new generation that will include the likes of Miley Cyrus, Zac Efron, Chloe Moretz, Justin Bieber, Chris Hemsworth, Hayden Panetttiere and Dianna Agron. Check out the promo below.
That’s the end of our round-up. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news.
What are you excited for?