It’s time to catch up on this week’s news. For starters, it seems like a head honcho, Harvey Weinstein, is seriously considering ending his relationship with the MPAA. Also, a new meme has hit the web, this time involving French actor Jean Dujardin. It seems he’s been sleeping around (it’s not what you’re thinking though). Also, we’ve got clips for Morgan Spurlock‘s Comic-Con Episode IV – A Fan’s Hope, Sony Classics’ The Raid: Redemption, and Judd Apatow‘s “Girls“. All that and more below.
- MPAA: Now here’s an ironic piece of news – The MPAA (the unofficial bully of the film industry) has slapped an R-rating on Harvey Weinstein’s new documentary Bully. Said documentary takes an intimate look at America’s bullying crisis. Mr. Weinstein and Bully director Lee Hirsch were both hoping for a PG-13 rating, with hopes of getting the film into high schools, but with the R-rating that’s going to be very hard to do. That’s not all though – after Bully lost the appeal, Mr. Weinstein released a statement saying that TWC is now considering taking a leave of absence from the MPAA. Having a giant like Mr. Weinstein take a stand against the MPAA could really change the film industry, for the better.
- Jean Dujardin Sleeping on People: When Oscar nominee Jean Dujardin got caught sleeping on George Clooney‘s shoulder on the red carpet, someone saw it as an opportunity to start a new meme. Head over to Unreality Magazine to check out Dujardin resting his head on several famous people’s shoulder including President Obama, Ben Stiller, Homer Simpson, and Scarlett Johansson.
- Unscripted Success: Unreality Magazine also took time to make a list of 8 memorable movie lines that weren’t on the script. Their list includes “Here’s Looking at You Kid” from Casablanca (bet you didn’t know that one wasn’t scripted), “Here’s Johnny!” from The Shinning, and “You Talking to me?” from Taxi Driver. Head over there to check out all 8.
- Movies That’ll Make You Hate Your Vacation: And finally, Unreality Magazine put together a list of movies you shouldn’t watch if you want to enjoy your upcoming vacation. Films like Hostel and Open Water should be avoided if you’re planning a backpacking trip across Europe or on going scuba diving. Head over there to see the 12 Movies That Will Make You Afraid To Go On Vacation.
New Clips And Trailers:
- Morgan Spurlock Trailer: Below is the brand new trailer for Morgan Spurlock’s Comic-Con episode IV – A Fan’s Hope. This fanboy documentary is an inside look at comic-con and some of the people that make it so special like Stan Lee and Kevin Smith. Look for it in April.
- The Raid: Redemption Trailer: Now check out the brand new trailer for the much-talked about Sony Classics’ film The Raid: Redemption. The film caused quite a stir at Sundance (our very own Brendan Walsh really enjoyed it). The film hits theaters March 23, 2012.
- Judd Apatow’s Girls Clip: And lastly, here’s a new clip from Judd Apatow and Lena Dunham‘s “Girls”. There’s some stuff in there we’ve already seen, but also some brand new footage. And yes, it still looks awesome.
That’s the end of our round-up. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news.
What are you excited for?