Everything you thought you knew about “Nikita” is about to change. This week’s episode, entitled “Rogue” shakes up the show’s entire premise. Nikita has always been adamant about taking down Percy, but what if she’s targeting the wrong person? The former assassin has no idea what secrets will be revealed once she reunites with an old friend.
Check out this week’s review…
- Director: Marc David Alpert
- Writer: Juan Carlos Coto
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Erica Gimpel (guest star)
Episode Title: “Rogue”
Percy tries to find a Division colleague (Carla Bennett) and uses Nikita to draw her out. Carla is Nikita’s former mentor and mother figure. When the two women reunite, its revealed that Carla has roots in Division. Percy ambushes Nikita and kidnaps Carla, in hopes of gaining intel on Amanda. Carla is currently at the top of Division’s kill list and Percy wants to know why. Meanwhile, Alex is still working with Amanda to bring down Semak. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
- Carla Created Division: All this time we thought Percy created Division. But this week, we were left with quite the cliffhanger. Percy didn’t create it — Carla did. Who the hell is Carla? They haven’t explained much about her besides her connection to Nikita. And for some unknown reason Amanda really hates her. What did this woman do?
- Percy gets in on the Action: We can’t remember the last time we saw Percy shoot off some serious rounds. In tonight’s episode, he channeled his inner Stallone and went machine-gun happy. He also opened the show with one of the best lines ever: “I’d like to report a brutal and senseless murder of a Newark police detective.” Cue Roan. Rogue Percy is fun.
- The Old Nikita: Thanks to flashbacks, we got a look at the unpolished, Nikita Mears. It was nice to see such a strong character at her weakest point. It shows that she’s human.
- High and Deadly: Speaking of her old self, Nikita the junkie was not a professionally trained assassin, yet she still managed to assault and kill two cops. How is that possible? She was barely coherent but hit one guy over the head and shot the other multiple times in the chest.
- Roan: Roan’s one of the most annoying character’s on the show, but “Rogue” gave him some humanity. When he spoke with Carla, he seemed sincere and even allowed her to touch his face. Has anyone ever gotten close to that man? Also, when the Division strike team was zoning in on Percy’s compound, Roan vouched for Carla. Now we’re wondering what happened between Carla, Amanda and him!
- Cross Promotion: Early in the episode, Alex was describing Amanda’s new power hungry attitude. She said, “She’s strutting around the place like she just won “Top Model.” That was cross promotion at its finest. Tyra would be proud.
- Birkhoff Out: Birkhoff’s random absences are making us worry about his portrayer Aaron Stanford. He’s arguably our favorite character, but some weeks he’s in and others he’s out. What gives? He’s a regular!
Once again, this week’s episode had less action and more story. Yes, there was a shootout, but no real combat scenes. We enjoyed the peek into Nikita’s past and are looking forward to seeing what trouble Carla will bring.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode of “Nikita?”