“Kill them all!” That’s one of the deadly orders given in this week’s episode of “Nikita.” The gang of assassins have their hands full when Percy breaks free and tries to take down Oversight. There’s nothing more dangerous than a revenge-seeking psycho, with Guardians at his disposal.
Check out our review…
- Director: Brad Turner
- Writer: Kalinda Vazquez
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Devon Sawa
Episode Title: “Clean Sweep”
Nikita, Michael and Sean attempt to rescue the captured members of Oversight. Percy and Amanda strike a deal that finally grants him freedom. Meanwhile, Alex returns to Division and tries to disable “Operation Clean Sweep.”
- Percy Has a Way with Words. Percy is the king of manipulation. When confronted by Nikita’s gang, he hit all the hot button topics. He brought up Michael’s part in the death of Nikita’s fiance, then taunted him with a possible Nikita-Owen fling, and tapped into Sean’s mommy issues. He went for the jugular in one fell swoop.
- Nikita joins Oversight: After realizing she’s lost control of Amanda, Senator Pierce asks Nikita to help her dismantle Division. At first, Nikita’s against it but Michael convinces her that it’s the safest, smartest way to do it. We never thought we’d see the day.
- Amanda’s Gone Rogue: Speaking of Amanda, we can never read her! She’s worse than Percy. Her back-up-back-up plans have back-up plans. We genuinely thought she cared about the innocent Division employees whose brains would turn to mush if the nerve gas was released. But we should have known better. She was prepared to slip on a gas mask and watch them all die. Her fake concern knows no bounds.
- Percy’s on the Move: Where’s Percy going? Over the past two seasons he’s been a stationary character. This time, the tables have turned and now he’s on the run. It will be interesting to see him in a different setting that has him adapting to his surrounding. Nikita does it all the time.
- Anyone Else Confused?: There are a lot of story lines going on right now and we’re trying to keep up. Nikita is still taking down Division, but with the help of Oversight. Division is in cahoots with Gogal, who’re still working for Semak, whom Alex is trying to kill. Oh, and did we forget to mention that Percy is still out there? Or that Ryan is still imprisoned? And where the heck is Owen when we really need him?!
“Clean Sweep” was a decent episode. The first half was rather slow, but the final 30 minutes made up for it. One of the things we love about “Nikita” is its hand-to-hand combat scenes but this week, they were scarce. We mostly saw gun-play and lots of threatening, which is pretty generic.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode of “Nikita?”