It’s time for Blair’s royal wedding, Georgina’s reappearance, and the almighty revelation of Gossip Girl. The 100th episode of the series was sure to be a grand feast of tears, romance, scandals and twists – anything but dull. Chuck vowed not to intervene during Blair’s fairy tale nuptials, but did he keep his promise? Will Blair actually marry a man she doesn’t love? And, after all this time, who is gossip girl? So many questions, and yet, so little time. Let’s go over the highs and lows of “Gossip Girl‘s” 100th episode.
- Director: Mark Piznarski
- Writer: Joshua Safran
- Cast: Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick
Episode Title: “G.G.”
Chuck must face the fact that Blair is getting married to another man; Georgina’s return might turn the wedding into a complete disaster.
- Serena Dreams Of Marilyn: We’ve seen Blair’s dreams plenty of times, but in this week’s episode Serena does the dreaming. In her dream sequence, she channels Marilyn Monroe, while her bestie Blair appears as Audrey Hepburn (duh!). Serena’s Marilyn is sexy, flirty and spot on. Along with the boys, Serena pays homage to the blonde bombshell with her version of “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”. But that isn’t the best part of her dream, or shall we say nightmare? Serena’s fears are brought to the forefront when Dan chooses Blair’s Audrey instead of her Marilyn.
- Royal Wedding Fashion: Blair’s wedding was a total fashion show.
- The Royal Wedding Twists and Shocks (SPOILERS!): As much as we hoped this day wouldn’t come, we knew that if it did, something would go horribly wrong. So, the expected does happen, but in the most unexpected of ways. Chuck shows up at the wedding to try and stop Blair from marrying Louise, but is interrupted by Gossip Girl’s comeback blast that shows a video of Blair proclaiming her love to Chuck just minutes before walking down the aisle. And then, Blair runs, not to Chuck’s arms, but because she’s so embarrassed. In the end, Blair goes on with the wedding, only to be shocked by Louie’s true agenda. It is the saddest moment when Blair realizes the huge mistake she’s made, but she’s not one to be bullied, and so she runs.
- Nate Meets The Real Charlie Rhodes (SPOILERS!): Nate realizes what a jerk he is to women when he comes across a pretty looking catering girl, who just happens to be the real Charlie Rhodes. There’s a spark between the two, which makes us believe that there will be something there in the future.
- A Cry For Help (SPOILERS!): One of the final twists of the night comes when the runaway bride makes an SOS call. We expect (and suspect) her to call her real prince charming, Chuck, but instead, she dials an unlikely toad – lonely boy. It’s nice misdirection, and it shows us, once again, how close Dan and Blair are.
- Best Line: Blair to Cyrus, “Oh Cyrus, one escort is not enough.”
- Serena Drops a Bomb (SPOILERS!): We all knew that Serena was rapidly falling for her ex, but none of us expected it to go this far. This week, Serena drops the massive ‘I love you. Always have. Always will’ bomb on Dan. It is completely unbelievable. Once there was great chemistry between the two. Now, there’s just friendship. We know that. They know that. The only people who don’t seem to know that are the writers. Still, we don’t mind seeing where this goes.
- Gossip Girl Revealed (SPOILERS!): If it’s true, and Georgina has always been Gossip Girl, then we have a lot of unanswered questions. How on earth was Georgina able to pull off being Gossip Girl without anyone ever suspecting it was her? There’s a lot of explaining to do.
It isn’t the perfect episode. There are definitely a handful of cheesy, eye-rolling moments (as there are in every episode), but it is those shocking moments, those completely unexpected plot twists that make this 100th episode worth it. Make no mistake about it, “Gossip Girl” can still leave us wanting more, and for the first time in a long time, it did.
“Gossip Girl” returns January 16, 2012 at 8 p.m. on The CW.