The Oscars may have been announced last week, but there are still a few more award shows before we get to Hollywood’s Big Night—case in point, last night’s 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, held at Los Angeles’ Shrine Auditorium and honoring the best acting in television and film over the past year. Check out the list of winners after the jump.
The Help was the big film winner of the night, with Boardwalk Empire representing the best of television. Elsewhere, Mary Tyler Moore nabbed SAG’s 48th Life Achievement Award for her nearly 60-year career as a beloved American Actress, which was presented to her by Dick Van Dyke, her co-star on The Dick Van Dyke Show. Full list of winners below.
- Male actor in a supporting role — Christopher Plummer, Beginners
- Female actor in a supporting role — Octavia Spencer, The Help
- Male actor in a comedy series – Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
- Female actor in a comedy series – Betty White, Hot in Cleveland
- Ensemble in a comedy series – Modern Family
- Female actor in a TV movie or mini — Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce
- Male actor in a TV movie or mini — Paul Giamatti, Too Big to Fail
- Life achievement — Mary Tyler Moore
- Female actor in a drama series — Jessica Lange, American Horror Story
- Male actor in a drama series — Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire
- Ensemble in a drama series — Boardwalk Empire
- Male actor in a leading role — Jean Dujardin, The Artist
- Female actor in a leading role — Viola Davis, The Help
- Cast of a motion picture – The Help
What do you think of the SAG award winners?
Source: The Hollywood Reporter