The band’s back together again! After a season of strife between Nikita, Michael and Alex, they’ve reunited and it feels so good. This week, the former agents kick ass on their home turf, and Sean Pierce is on the receiving end. Plus, Oversight’s panicking and Percy reveals the ace up his sleeve.
Check out our review…
- Director: Steven A. Adelson
- Writer: Andrew Colville
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley
Episode Title: “Sanctuary”
Nikita, Alex and Michael return to Birkhoff’s hideout. Sean goes on a solo mission to assassinate Nikita but gets caught and captured. Oversight decides to activate a “clean sweep” of Division, which would kill all employees including Amanda. Percy finally shows his hand and is one step closer to freedom.
- Together Again: Were we the only ones who smiled when the gang reunited? When Michael walked into the room, and Alex, Birkhoff and Nikita were there, it was a beautiful sight. And the sappy music they played in the background was an added bonus.
- Sean/Alex: Earlier in the season, Sean made it pretty clear that he was using Alex’s emotions against her. But it looks like he genuinely cares for her. If he’s telling the truth, and actually trying to protect Alex, we can get behind their relationship. P.S. any episode that features Sean half-naked gets automatic bonus points.
- Bickering Exes: What?! Amanda and Percy had a thing? The revealing exchange between these two was fire. Amanda clearly cares for him as more than a colleague but he’s not interested. Percy dished out some cold lines. He told her she was never his equal and was incapable of love. It was the first time Amanda ever looked hurt.
- The Stakes: This episode was extremely tense. The stakes were too high for everybody. The last five minutes were insane. Amanda was about to inject Percy with a coma-inducing cocktail, the Guardians were holding Oversight hostage and Sean, Nikita and the rest of the gang were listening in horror.
- Sean’s Lead: Who gave Sean the intel regarding Nikita’s whereabouts? When his mother asked if he was following Alex’s tracker he said, no. He’d got a solid lead. Who could have spilled the beans?
This was a great episode. The second season of “Nikita” is proving to be stronger than the first. The drama continues to mount with each episode and we’re only halfway through the season. “Sanctuary” had all the makings of a finale episode. We can’t wait to see what’s next.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?