We’re at the end of the first week of 2012 and already there’s news about remakes, TV show premieres, and even a first look into a much anticipated action movie. With 2011 behind us, it’s time to catch up on what’s ahead. This week, for example, the hit MTV show “Jersey Shore” returned with full force and tons of drama. We’ve also got the first look at The Bourne Legacy with Jeremy Renner who stepped in for Matt Damon. There’s also sweet news about next week’s release of Beauty and the Beast 3D. Catch up below.
- “Jersey Shore” Returns: Last night marked the premiere of Season 5 of “Jersey Shore” – the MTV show is a few episodes shy of syndication, yikes! In last night’s premiere, the ridiculously tanned guidos and guidettes returned to Seaside Heights, a more appropriate setting for the bunch than last season’s Italy. The drama started right away with a huge confrontation between Snooki and “Situation.’ Apparently the two had a fling recently and that was enough to start the drama. It feels like nothing has changed. On the upside, Snooki reconciled with her boyfriend, so there’s that.
- Carrie Remake Moving Ahead: Boys Don’t Cry director Kimberly Peirce is in talks to direct a remake of the 1976 film Carrie, based on Stephen King‘s thriller about a teenager’s first menstrual cycle that goes horribly wrong. The new script is written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, who wrote the the Broadway version for Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark. His version is more faithful to the King book than Brian De Palma‘s directed version. All we’re wondering is if this is a future job opportunity for Lindsay Lohan?
New Photo and Trailer:
- First Look At Jeremy Renner as Aaron Cross: By now we’ve come to the realization that Matt Damon isn’t coming back as Jason Bourne. Three movies was enough for him. Luckily, a good actor stepped in to take over the franchise. Now it’ll be Jeremy Renner who will be doing the ass kicking as the new face and hero of The Bourne Legacy. Below we have the first photo of him as killer agent Aaron Cross. Check it out.
- Katrina Bowden Gets Sexy: “30 Rock‘s” Katrina Bowden is showing a much sexier side of herself in this month’s Maxim issue. Bowden stripped down to her undies to talk about her new movie Piranha 3DD, and a number of other upcoming projects. You can take a look at her sexy Maxim spread below.
- Tangled Ever After: Here’s a treat for anyone who’ll be watching Beauty and the Beast in 3D next week – Disney has announced that there will be a follow-up to the 2010 hit Tangled in the form of a short animated film called Tangled Ever After. The short will spotlight Rapunzel’s wedding to Flynn Rider. Below is a short preview of what’s to come. Check it out.
That’s the end of our round-up. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news.
What are you excited for?