Serena and Blair do best friends better than anyone. Those two are more than just pals, they’re sisters and they know each other inside and out. In last night’s episode of “Gossip Girl,” maid of honor Serena threw her BFF a ‘Blair Waldorf’ bridal shower to die for. Many of the Upper East Siders came together for this event – a couple even showed up uninvited. And surprise, surprise all hell broke loose!
Let’s go over Monday’s ‘All The Pretty Sources.’
- Director: Cherie Nowlan
- Writer: Austin Winsberg
- Cast: Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, Ed Westwick
Episode Title: “All The Pretty Sources“
Serena is hard at work planning a dream bridal shower for Blair, but she has to plant false info about it to keep Blair in the dark. Chuck and Dan decide to spend the day together to distract themselves from the big event. Nate and Serena find a silver bullet in Diana’s war against Gossip Girl, but struggle about whether to use it or not.
- Chuck and Dan Bromance: Chuck and Dan spend an afternoon getting high, drinking scotch, eating bruschetta and watching The Matrix. Seeing them this close just shows how much these characters have actually grown. Chuck and Dan have come a long way since their fist fights in season one.
- Likable Serena (SPOILERS!): It was about time that we saw the old Serena. During Blair’s Tiffany’s-inspired shower, Serena made a heartfelt speech about how much she values Blair as a friend. For the first time, in a long time, Serena is likable, and she looks more beautiful than ever.
- Louis Gets Caught: Louis returns from Monaco a concerned man. About what, you ask? Well, the Prince is concerned about Blair’s friends because he believes they don’t have her best interests at heart. Once again, Louis schemes, this time against Blair’s friends. He wants to show her the truth about them, but it all backfires. It’s not enjoyable seeing Louis get down and dirty, but all of his actions are pushing Blair away. Blair belongs with Chuck. Always has, always will.
- Best Line: Chuck to Dan: “I told you to get some ass not make one of yourself.”
- The End of Diana (SPOILER!): Diana’s cougar days are over, for now at least. Last week it was revealed that her and Nate’s manipulating grandfather William Vanderbilt were working together, and last night their agenda was revealed. Grandpa Bill simply wanted to restore Nate’s name, and what better way than to start a gossip website – not!
- Charlie Is Running Out of Ideas (SPOILER!): Charlie’s secret almost came out last night, but somehow she managed to twist the truth. Still, she’s running out of ideas and her boyfriend Max (who also has a thing for Serena) is after her.
It was great to see Blair and Serena spend some time together. Their relationship is one of the reasons we love this show. Louis and Blair are still having relationship problems and at this point there’s no telling where they’re going to end up.
Watch “Gossip Girl” Monday nights at 8 p.m. on The CW.