This week’s episode of “Nikita“ is entitled “Fair Trade,” and it’s all about Birkhoff. Nikita’s reckless ways puts her sidekick in danger and she’s forced to barter with his life. At Division, Sean continues to stroke Alex’s ego to gain access to Nikita, while Michael’s settled in to his new domestic life with Max.
Find out more in our latest review…
- Director: Nick Copus
- Writer: Juan Carlos Coto
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Dillon Casey
Episode Title: “Fair Trade”
Nikita’s still reeling over the loss of Michael, so she buries herself in work. Her dangerous actions backfire and inadvertently put Birkhoff in harm’s way. The tech genius is kidnapped by Division and used as leverage to draw Nikita out. Meanwhile, Alex tries to re-enter Russia by posing as an illegal prostitute.
- On the Run: This episode featured an amazing foot-chase between Nikita and Sean. It followed a shoeless Nikita as she ran through the street, hopped over benches, and dodged Sean without missing a beat. The scene was beautifully shot and covered a lot of ground in a short amount of time.
- Amanda’s a Psychopath: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — Amanda is a Black Widow. She was stone cold during her torturing session with Birkhoff. She’s one of the most sadistic characters on this show, but we can’t stop watching her. Melinda Clarke is fantastic!
- Nikita’s Breakdown: Following her pseudo break-up with Michael, Nikita’s been living on the emotional edge. After Birkoff’s capture, she called Michael and pitched a fit. She shouted, “Why aren’t you here?!” The real question is: Why is she upset? Didn’t she encourage him to stay in London with his son? Either way, it was great to see Maggie Q stretch her acting (as opposed to physical) muscles for once.
- Sean’s a Mama’s Boy: We get that Sean wants to protect his mother, but lately he’s been blowing it. He killed one of Oversight’s members because they were going to expose his mom, then he shot the black box Amanda was dying to get her hands on. Why does either organization deal with him? He’s too close to the mission.
- Alex’s Seduction: The phony concern that Sean’s showing Alex is hard to watch. As viewers, we can see through his lies but Alex is none-the-wiser. We’re not sure how long we can sit through this farce.
This week, Nikita went coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs. But all the mishaps were worth it because we got to see rare side of the character. It was a welcomed change of pace for the super-stealth assassin.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?