Last night “ANTM All-Stars” delivered a shocking elimination. The stay in Greece continues – this time the models took on a much more personal challenge. Miss Jay showed up to tell the models that their job was going to be to judge each others’ strengths and weaknesses. Yes, some feelings were hurt, and there was a lot of drama involved. No one wants to hear that they are weak. Tyra continues to arrange Greek-themed photoshoots for the models. Like last week, there was no new celebrity guest judge, but someone who has a much closer relationship with the models showed up at panel. Let’s go over last night’s episode of “America’s Next Top Model.”
- Judges: Tyra Banks, Nigel Barker, Andre Leon Talley
- Guest Judges: Miss Jay
- Cast: Lisa D’Amato (Cycle 5), Dominique Reighard (Cycle 10), Allison Harvard (Cycle 12), Laura Kirkpatrick (Cycle 13), and Angelea Preston (Cycle 14).
Episode Title: “Exploring Greece”
The models judge each other and one model feels attacked by the rest. They also explore Greece and its nightlife. At the photo shoot, Nigel Barker photographs the ladies re-creating moments from ancient Olympic sports.
- Critique Challenge: Up until this episode, the models had been nice to each other. But the challenge in last night’s episode called for some drama. Miss Jay made the models critique each other. Everything was on the table -whose walk needs work? who’s the weakest? who doesn’t deserve to be here? Each model got to give a piece of their mind. In the end Angelea’s feelings were hurt (see below). More importantly, there was drama! Screaming, crying, storming out – the works.
- Philosophical Nigel: Nigel shoots this week’s photoshoot. This is has become a tradition – he usually shoots the girls towards the end of the cycle. Last night, he loved Laura because she really gave it her all. He had a hard time with Angelea who couldn’t seem to get a clue. While the photoshoot was great (it was creative and Nigel is a great photographer who offers a lot of feedback) the problem with it was Nigel’s other unnecessary comments. His comments during the photoshoot cause one girl to go home, which ironically enough, also made her go home during her original cycle.
- Angelea, The Ticking Time-Bomb (SPOILERS!): Dominique named Angelea the weakest of the bunch, after that Laura jumped in to say that Angelea needed to be more confident. Laura also started to cryi because she was so upset. It was a sight to see because Laura is usually the happy-go-lucky country girl. All of the models were trying to tell Angelea that she needed to “own it” and “be strong,” but she took every comment as an attack and stormed out of the room. While the drama is good entertainment, Angelea’s presence on “Top Model” come into question. Just how did this girl make it to the bottom five?
- Miss Jay’s Braid: What was up with Miss Jay’s tassel braid? She took Greek Goddess to a whole other level and it wasn’t pretty.
Eliminated (spoiler ahead):
- Dominique: Dominique’s elimination was completely unexpected. She has shown immense growth throughout the years. Unfortunately, Tyra and the rest of the panel felt that Dominique’s personality wasn’t shining through. They let Dominique go, and kept Angelea.
The competition is getting tougher. The critiquing challenge really helped stir up some much needed drama. Still the elimination seemed very unfair.
Watch “America’s Next Top Model” All-Star Edition Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. on The CW.
Did you watch last night’s episode?