This week’s episode of “Nikita” entitled “London Calling” is filled with baby mama drama. Cassandra’s back and puts Michael in danger when a threat from her past resurfaces. Percy and Alex join forces for an important transaction and Sean makes plans for his Division exit.
Find out more in this week’s review…
- Director: Jeffrey G. Hunt
- Writer: Kalinda Vazquez
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley
Episode Title: “London Calling”
Michael travels to London to visit Cassandra and Max but is sidetracked when she’s kidnapped. Him and Nikita join forces to find out who’s taken her and why. At Division, Percy persuades Alex to transfer a large sum of money to a client. In exchange for her help, he bankrolls her mission to kill Semak (to the tune of $100 million). Meanwhile, Sean decides to seduce Alex to get closer to Nikita.
- Michael’s in Daddy Mode: Making Michael a father (again) is one of the best storylines this season. The interactions between him and Max are touching and allow us to see Michael in a different light. What’s not to love about a grown man and his son watching cartoons together? It has Forrest Gump written all over it.
- Fight Choreography: The fight scenes on this show are always top-notch but they were extra awesome this week. Michael was in full Ethan Hunt mode in the park, while Nikita literally walked on a ceiling in the middle of combat. Even Cassandra got in on the action with some no-nonsense Jui jitsu.
- Cassandra’s MI6: Speaking of Cassandra, she’s an agent too! She works for MI6 and was a spy way before she met Michael. With her as his mom, and Michael as his dad, Max is going to be one tough cookie! That’s some dangerous stock!
- Sean’s Plan: We’re conflicted about Sean. Last week, we empathized with his desire to leave Division and Oversight. But using Alex to protect his mom is a dangerous method. No one can fault him for wanting to save her from Nikita’s wrath but come on. He’s going to use Alex to draw her out? That’s all he’s got?
- The Break-Up: We’ve never been 100 percent “Team Mikita” but we see their appeal. Therefore, the whole break-up following the Cassandra incident burned. Yes, Michael has a child with her, and yes there’s still a spark between them but they’re not acting on it. There’s no reason why he can’t love his son and continue his relationship with Nikita.
- Percy’s Privileges: In Percy’s first scene he was shown sitting at a desk writing with a pen. It was a sharp, reflective pen! Couldn’t he use that as a weapon? Shouldn’t they be taking every precaution necessary? The man’s a career criminal and manipulator. Come on Amanda, you’re better than that.
“London Calling” was a solid episode. It’s not as strong as the previous two but the action was up to par and the spy-vs-spy scenario was extremely entertaining.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode of Nikita?