This week’s episode of “Nikita” is titled “Clawback” and it’s filled with drama. Ryan, Nikita’s favorite convict becomes public enemy number one after discovering Oversight’s questionable funding methods. Nikita and Michael work together to break him out of prison but are sidetracked by an unexpected complication. Do they make it in time?
Check out our review…
- Director: Eagle Egilsson
- Writer: Brandon Guercio
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Dillon Casey, Noah Bean
Episode Title: “Clawback”
Nikita and Michael are summoned by former CIA analyst and current prisoner Ryan (Noah Bean). He’s managed to decode Oversight’s money laundering scheme and has been targeted by the covert operation. Nikita personally does whatever it takes to protect him from the group. Speaking of Oversight and Division, Alex and Sean are attacked by Gogol operatives, and Sean reveals a stunning secret about his past.
- Ryan’s Dead and Alive?: This episode played with our emotions. After shedding a tear for Ryan, who was “killed” in the prison infirmary we learned that Amanda faked his death! It was a wild ride, but the execution was flawless. We need to keep Ryan around for the long haul. He’s one of Nikita’s only friends and that’s really saying something because she doesn’t have many.
- Sean’s Family Secrets: Mr. Pierce is the son of Senator Madeline Pierce, a key member of Oversight. But the agent is starting to question the organization and their amoral practices. He hates what they’ve become and wants out but first he has to make sure his mother’s safe. He’s like Michael Corleone in The Godfather: Part III, every time he thinks he’s out, they pull him back in!
- Amanda’s a Woman Scorned: Amanda’s cold-blooded. She uses every dirty trick in the book to get what she wants. For someone like Sean, who grew up around Oversight, he’s not the sharpest tool in the box. Everyone knows that the government can use cell phones as listening devices, and Amanda did just that with him and his mom. Also, the little two-second delay she faked before giving Roan the kill-order for Nikita and Gaines was hilarious. “I have to check with Oversight. Please hold [looks at nails]…kill them both.”
- Percy vs Amanda vs Oversight vs Nikita vs Gogol: Oh, what a tangled web we weave. As we stated earlier, this season is turning into a real dog-eat-dog competition. Percy’s angling to get out of prison, Amanda’s angling to overthrow Oversight, while Oversight tries to overthrow her, Gogol’s still trying to kill Alex, and Nikita wants them all in body bags. With so much treachery and backstabbing, it’s hard to keep up. Is this an action drama or a soap opera?
- Alex Hits a Wall: Alex can’t catch a break. Her childhood friend Yuri got “cancelled” after being caught by Division. Alex really thought she could get through to him, but she should have known better than to trust Amanda. She’d never let something like that slide. Now Alex is stuck at Division, in what looks like the same room she slept in when she first arrived over a year ago. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
This season is turning into pure drama. There’s a baby daddy storyline with Michael, Sean and Alex are both having doubts about their goals, Nikita went off the rails and Ryan’s living in Division’s basement. These are just the topics that were covered in one episode! We can’t forget the other storylines like Owen’s backdoor deal with Gogol or Percy’s master plan to escape. Keep it coming!
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode?