Emma Stone isn’t done filming The Gangster Squad, but already she’s signed on to star in another project, this time, a comedy. Twilight star Taylor Lautner has also signed on to a surprising project with the two-time Oscar nominated director Gus Van Sant. We’ve also got the first trailer for the the 80s TV remake, 21 Jump Street.
All this and more in our Friday news roundup…
- Human Zoo: Quentin Tarantino is showing his support for Rie Rasmussen’s Human Zoo by playing it at his theater, the New Beverly Cinema. Starting November 11, Human Zoo – about a girl who is tormented by memories of the Kosovo conflict – will show at the Beverly until November 17. The film made its debut at the Berlin Film Festival, and is Rasmussen’s directorial debut.
- Like Crazy: Starting today, the cast of Like Crazy will make appearances at difference theaters across Los Angeles to talk about their indie drama film. Check below for individual times and locations: Felicity Jones will be at the Arclight in Sherman Oaks tonight at 8:10; Anton Yelchin will be at the Landmark West LA tomorrow night at 7:45 PM; Director Drake Doremus will make two appearances, one at the Arclight in Pasadena tomorrow night at 8:15 PM, and another at the Landmark West LA on Sunday afternoon at 5:30 PM.
- 21 Jump Street Trailer: The first 21 Jump Street trailer has hit the web, red band and all. Based on the late 80s TV show, starring Johnny Depp, this remake focuses on two undercover cops played by Channing Tatum and a slim looking Jonah Hill. From the trailer, this movie feels like a combination of Superbad and Pineapple Express. It’s got potential, this film. See it below:
- BAFTA Guru Gives Advice: BAFTA Guru is a new site dedicated to offering entertainment industry advice through the form of interviews, lectures, master classes and debates. The site will look at some of the best minds in the business in order to help out 18-30 year-olds seeking advice. Come Sunday, there will be a live stream on the site with BAFTA’s David Lean. Go to the website and check out an interview with Quentin Tarantino and more.
- Taylor Lautner Wants to be an Indie Star: Lautner is looking to be something more than a franchise megastar. What’s his move? Well, the Twilight star just signed to produce and star in Gus Van Sant’s next small-budget film. There’s no details on what the film will be about, but we can say that this is a bold move by Lautner. Producing and starring? Good luck to him!
- Emma Stone: The always awesome Emma Stone has a new project to brag about. The busy actress is continuing her comedy streak with He’s Fuckin’ Perfect, a comedy about a pessimistic woman who uses her social media kn0whow to research her friends’ dates and help them get rid of the losers. Eventually, she stumbles upon the man the man of her dreams, and chaos ensues. Comedy or tragedy, Stone’s got this in the bag.
That’s our roundup for today folks. Hopefully you’re all caught up. Keep checking back at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news.
What are you excited for?