Carey Mulligan is one busy girl. She’s filming The Great Gasby, she’s got Drive in theaters, and her new movie Shame is about to be released. Now, she’s locked in her next role with some very prominent directors. This week also saw the release of new trailer and clips including, Madonna‘s second directorial effort W.E. and the Twilight wedding. We’ve complied a list of news bits just for you, you know, so you won’t feel out of the entertainment loop.
- Carey Mulligan Meet The Coen Brothers: Variety reports that Carey Mulligan has landed the lead role in the next Coen Brothers film, Inside Llewyn Davis. She’ll reunite with fellow Drive actor Oscar Isaac, who will play a musician trying to make it in the Greenwich Village music scene in the 60s. This is fantastic news.
- Life After “Desperate Housewives”: After eight seasons, “Desperate Housewives” is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean its creator, Marc Cherry, is out of a job. Cherry is working on another female ensemble soap called “Devious Maids.” The show is being adapted from the Mexican drama “Ellas son… La Alegria del Hogar” (“They are… The Happiness of the Home”), about a group of Beverly Hills maids. Seems like a good fit for Cherry.
- Justin Bieber: Justin Bieber‘s rendition of “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town’ is going to be featured in the upcoming holiday movie Arthur Christmas. His version will play during the end credits, and there will be music video too. Hey, to those of you who dig the Biebz, this is probably exciting news. His entire holiday album Under The Mistletoe will hit stores November 1.
- Angels Crest: Jeremy Piven stars in a new indie drama entitled Angels Crest, about the disappearance of a 3-year-old boy that divides a tightly knit community. You can check out the trailer below to get a better idea and feel on the movie which feels something like Winter’s Bone. Magnolia bought Angels Crest after it premiered at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival, and is releasing it through VOD on November 25.
- Madonna: Pop Icon Madonna is giving directing another shot. Her sophomore attempt is the romantic drama W.E., which tells two stories. The first focuses on the affair between King Edward VIII and the American divorcee Wallis Simpson, and the second about a married woman and a Russian security guard. so far the film is getting mixed reviews, but take a look at the brand new trailer below and judge it for yourself.
- The Twilight Wedding: And lastly, we have Twilight. The first half of the last film is almost here, and the video clips are coming in. Below we have a nice video of the actors talking about the wedding scene, and also some new footage of the actual event. This holy matrimony isn’t just a big deal to Twihards, but also the actual actors playing the characters apparently.
That’s our roundup for today folks. Hopefully you’re all caught up by now. Keep checking back with us at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news.
What are you excited for?