- The Walking Dead logged 7.3 million viewers last night for AMC’s zombie show. That’s the highest rated basic cable in the history of basic cable, says Variety. Word has been somewhat mixed on the pilot (we reviewed it), but the Halloween timing and these ratings assure a third season.
- Speaking of renewals, Sons of Anarchy has been given the greenlight for a fifth season.
Did you see The Thing? The prequel to The Thing? Did you watch The Thing cast watch The Thing? I sound like David Mamet hear, Check out the video of the The Thing watching The Thing and more news after the jump.
- Michael Moore’s talking about a new movie because of Occupy Wall Street, or at least that’s what he said to The Wrap.
- Deadline Hollywood tells us that they’re making a Micronauts movie. Great.
- Melissa McCarthy (of Bridesmaids and Mike and Molly) now has a script at New Line called Tammy. It’s supposedly raunchy. So they’ll be more of that.
- Sarah Polley’s Take this Waltz has been picked up by Magnolia pictures. A fest hit, this is good news, all things. Expect it in 2012.
What makes you happiest to hear of all this news (that has been rounded up)?