The plot thickens on this week’s episode of “Nikita.” Nikita’s chasing Kelly, Kelly’s chasing Alex, Alex is chasing Nikita and Michael’s two steps behind them all. “Partners” is filled with lots of action and plenty of betrayal to keep you glued to your screen.
Check out our review below…
- Director: Dermott Downs
- Writer: Kristen Reidel
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley
Episode Title: “Partners”
When Kelly, a former Division agent escapes a Turkish prison, Nikita wants to help. Kelly’s a former ally, who Nikita threw under the bus to break free from Division. Because of her selfishness, Kelly spent four years in prison and Nikita wants to make things right. Meanwhile, Amanda sends Alex and resident creepy guy Ronan to find and capture Nikita, while Zetrov’s Semak hires Gogol to eliminate Alex.
- Gogol is Back: Last season, the introduction of Gogol was one of the highlights of the show. They, along with their leader Ari, seemed to be a formidable foe to Percy and Division. Two weeks ago, Ari reappeared at the end of the “Falling Ash” episode and this week he’s finally front and center. Move over Oversight, Gogol’s back in the game!
- Ari: We love Ari. Anytime he’s onscreen we know some type of corruption will take place. Like Percy, he’s a control freak who needs things done his way and in his time. With Percy on ice and Amanda in charge, how will Ari fit in?
- Zetrov/Semak Story: As the season progresses, the Zetrov story is getting more and more complicated. Alex is using Division and their resources to destroy Semak, Amanda is using Alex to get access to Zetrov, and Semak is using Gogol to kill Alex. It’s a giant circle of crazy!
- Percy’s Imprisonment: Percy’s making the most of his prison stint. The “tea chat” between him and Amanda was particularly entertaining. So far, his scenes have been very limited but we know his wheels are spinning. By the end of the season, he’ll probably reveal some sick plan that’s been in the works from the beginning.
- Alex is losing her spark: Last year Alex was a badass. She fought almost every episode and was a close second to Nikita in hand-to-hand combat. But this year, she’s been getting roughed up — a lot. In the season premiere Nikita practically maimed her, and this week Kelly had her on her knees. What happened to the smart, quick-witted Alex? We miss her. Please, bring her back.
“Partners” was a great episode. It introduced some new elements, which add another layer of drama to the already complex plot. Gogol is a welcome addition to the overarching storyline, which is tied to Division, Owen, and now Alex.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s episode? What do you think of Gogol’s resurgence?