There was a lot of entertainment news this week, from the cancellation of “The Playboy Club” to the unfortunate death of our era’s Edison, Steve Jobs. So, we’ve compiled a list of news bits for you to catch up.
The American Cinematheque in Los Angeles will open their doors to John Lithgow and John Waters this coming week. They’ll both get their own night to talk about their experiences in the movie business, and will share new projects. Tom Six‘s The Human Centipede II debuts this weekend in Los Angeles. We also have a few trailers to show you including My Week With Marilyn, where Michelle Williams channels one of the most famous faces of Hollywood’s Golden Era. Catch up below.
- John Lithgow and John Waters events: The American Cinematheque & Live Talks Los Angeles are hosting ‘An Evening with John Lithgow” and “An Evening with “John Waters” at the Aero Theatre. On Thursday October 6, the acclaimed actor (Lithgow) will have a discussion about his new book ‘Drama: An Actor’s Education.’ On Saturday October 15, there will be a double feature, both films directed by John Waters (Female Trouble, Serial Mom). Waters will be there, so you’ll get to hear him talk about his experiences. For more information like prices and times, go to www.aerotheatre.com
- Human Centipede: You probably remember that very first disturbing trailer of The Human Centipede, but now, brace yourself, because Tom Six has made a sequel to the controversial horror film. The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) will open on October 7 in Los Angeles at the Nuart theater in Los Angeles.
- Boy Wonder: The New York Comic Con is on the way (October 15) and one of the films that will be showcased during the event is the psychological thriller Boy Wonder. The film comes to us from first time director Michael Morrisey, who’s a comic-book junkie. The film follows a boy who is haunted by the murder of his mother during a carjacking. This triggers him to seek out murderers and he becomes a vigilante in Brooklyn. Watch the trailer here:
- Marilyn Monroe: A year ago we saw the first photos of Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe – now we get to see Williams portray the blonde bombshell in the first trailer of My Week With Marilyn. The film is based on a true story by Colin Clark. He got to interact with Marilyn while working as Sir Laurence Olivier’s assistant during the filming of The Prince and The Showgirl. Take a look at the trailer below. What’s your first impression? Can Williams pull off Marilyn Monroe?
- J. Edgar: Clint Eastwood‘s J. Edgar is one of the most anticipated films of the year. The biopic stars Leonardo DiCaprio as J. Edgar Hoover during the time of the Palmer Raids and on. Below we have two similar new posters featuring a very angry DiCaprio. Which version of the poster do you like best?
That’s our roundup for today. Hopefully you’re all caught up by now. Keep checking back with us at ScreenCrave for more entertainment news.
What are you excited for?