This week on Tyra’s long-running reality show “America’s Next Top Model“, Jay and “CSI” creator Anthony Zuiker test the models’ acting talents and auditions the girls for his own show — two birds. The models also get to Express themselves by shooting an ad, for Express, with a trio of boys. Back at the house, things get a little out of hand when Kayla gets a panic attack. It’s the fourth week of the competition and some of the girls are beginning to feel the pressure all over again, and some are loosing control.
- Judges: Tyra Banks, Nigel Barker, Andre Leon Talley
- Guest Judges: Anthony Zuiker
- Cast: Shannon Stewart (Cycle 1), Camille McDonald (Cycle 2), Lisa D’Amato (Cycle 5), Bre Scullark (Cycle 5), Bianca Golden (Cycle 9), Dominique Reighard (Cycle 10), Allison Harvard (Cycle 12), Laura Kirkpatrick (Cycle 13), Angelea Preston (Cycle 14), Kayla Ferrel (Cycle 15) and Alexandria Everett (Cycle 16).
Episode Title: “Anthony Zuiker”
The models audition for a role on “CSI” in front of the show’s creator, Anthony Zuiker. Meanwhile, Kayla fears she will be eliminated due to a health scare and Camille struggles with her age. The models also get to shoot an ad for Express.
- CSI Auditions: The models are given a scene and only 30 minutes to memorize it. Being “CSI,” the script includes some very difficult terms like “chromatograph mass spectrometer.” Each girl gets to act opposite Robert David Hall, the show’s death investigator. It’s a short scene, but the girls manage to mess everything up. Most of them forget how to pronounce the big scientific terms or just forget their lines entirely, still it was really fun to see them struggle through horrible performances. Bre and Angelea are the only ones who get through the audition successfully. In the end (SPOILER!), it’s Bre’s classy performance that makes her the challenge winner. This means that we’ll be seeing her on “CSI” (that was the prize).
- Kayla Getting Sick: It’s not a good thing that Kayla got sick, but it was entertaining. The poor girl takes too many pills one night and starts to vomit. Soon the paramedics invade the Top Model house and Kayla’s rushed to the emergency room. Most of the girls stay out of the way while all of this is going on… except for Alison. Her reaction to Kayla’s condition is priceless. Her eyes get ten times wider, and she looks so petrified. By the way, Kayla comes back home later that night, so she”s okay. “ANTM” just stresses her out, is all.
- Express Photoshoot: During the Express Photoshoot, each model has to channel one of four personalities – the girlfriend, the flirt, the cool chick, or the socialite. The shoot comes with boys, so it was fun to see the girls interact with others besides themselves. The clothes was nice. The concept was cool. Also, it was the first photoshoot that showed that the models’ are really struggling.
- Excuses, Excuses: As uncomfortable as it is to hear the models complain about photoshoots or weekly challenges, it’s always entertaining to see Tyra get defensive.
- Bianca’s Attitude: Ashlee Simpson called Bianca the prettiest girl in the competition. She looks like a model, yes, but she’s got a bad attitude. The girl thinks she has nothing more to learn, that she knows it all. There’s always room for improvement, no matter the industry you’re in. Tyra and Jay might not be the best people in the world, but they are Fashion industry experts and have been doing this for a very long time. The girl needs a slice of humble pie.
Eliminated (spoiler ahead):
- Camille: She was the boring of the bunch, so it’s good that she got cut. It didn’t really make sense that she was there in the first place.
‘Anthony Zuiker’ was an entertaining episode. There wasn’t anything about ‘branding,’ unfortunately, but that’s likely to change next week when the Kardashians come by. That’s right, the queens of reality are coming to the show. And if there’s anyone who knows how to lengthen the 15-minutes-of-fame, it’s the Kardashians.
Watch “America’s Next Top Model” All-Cast Edition Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. on The CW.
Did you watch last night’s episode?