During Friday’s episode of “Nikita,” we got two blasts from the past. One involved the return of a former Guardian and Nikita ally and the other dealt with a failed Division project called P9. Both came to ahead during this week’s episode entitled “Falling Ash.”
Check out our review…
- Director: Eagle Egilsson
- Writer: Kalinda Vazquez
- Cast: Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Xander Berkeley, Devon Sawa
Episode Title: “Falling Ash”
After an ice cream man attempts to assassinate a senator, Michael suspects that he might be part of a defunct Division op called P9. It was a program that created sleeper agents under the care of a Dr. Joseph Mars. While looking for clues amongst the destroyed P9 facility, Michael and Nikita encounter Owen who’s also looking for Mars. While the duo wants to stop his former patients from attempting more assassinations, Owen wants Mars’ help for his regimen detox.
- The Prodigal Son Returns: Owen’s back! Anytime Devon Sawa resurfaces on “Nikita” it’s a good day. The last time we saw Owen he was suffering from regimen withdrawal but he appears to be in a better state. It was just like old times with him and Nikita and now Michael taking down Division, one mission at a time.
- Birkhoff Gets a Lady Friend: This week we got to see Birkoff interact with a woman who’s not Nikita! While housing a sleeper assassin named Alicia, we saw a different side of the computer wiz. He was calm, flirtatious and dare we say — caring?!
- Owen and Nikita: The chemistry between these two is off the charts. We know there are a lot of Nikita and Michael fans but you can’t deny their spark. This entire episode was filled with quick glances, slick dialogue and underhanded compliments. During the ballroom scene at the fundraiser, Owen told Nikita, “You clean up nice. First time I’ve seen you look like a girl.” Then later in the episode he told Michael ” You get how lucky you are?”But once their mission was completed, was anyone else disappointed that him and Nikita didn’t hug? Ugh! The tension is killing us.
- Gogol And Owen Are In Cahoots: Michael was right. How does an unemployed person afford a $10,000 gun? Answer: Gogol! Apparently,Owen’s vigilante antics are being bankrolled by Division’s rival. This revelation saddens us to no end, but Owen still covered for Nikita and made it known that if Gogol hurts her all bets are off! What they have is merely “a business arrangement.”
- Alex Was Underused: What was Alex’s purpose this episode? She was pretty low-key this week. We understand that she’s still healing from her encounter with Nikita but her one on one with Percy about tea and her heart to heart with Sean were underwhelming. Perhaps kick-ass Alex will return next week?
As a whole, this was a good episode. It wasn’t great but it was certainly entertaining mostly due to Owen’s return. It’s just a matter of time before the writers put the Owen/Nikita/Michael triangle in full effect and we’ll be right here waiting for it.
“Nikita” airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on The CW
What did you think of this week’s all new episode of Nikita? What do you think of Owen’s secret gig?