The Botwin business is left upside down. Everything is gone – the pot, the brain, the Copenhagen wheel. Silas and Andy try to confront Emma, but when she doesn’t take Silas seriously, Andy steps in with a nail gun. Last night’s episode of “Weeds” saw a whole new side of Andy. He forgets no-violence Andy, and kidnaps Emma at nail-gun-point. Nancy is off doing her own thing, drinking coffee, picking up Shane from Jail, and not working as Doug’s secretary anymore. Where’s Doug? Pulling office pranks, whilst in the middle of a scandal, like always.
- Director: Scott Ellis
- Writers: Jenji Kohan, Brendan Kelly
- Cast: Mary-Louise Parker, Justin Kirk, Hunter Parrish, Alexander Gould, Kevin Nealon, Michelle Trachtenberg
Episode: “System Overhead”
Nancy, Andy and Silas plot revenge against Emma (Trachtenberg) after she steals all of their businesses. Meanwhile, Doug suffers a financial setback that makes it even more important to keep his hedge fund up and running; and Shane’s involvement with the law proves to be more complex than he expected.
- Andy stands up for his bike shop: All Andy wants is a legitimate bike shop (and his Copenhagen wheel to work out). So when Emma takes that away from him, he kidnaps her and threatens to shoot her in the face with a nail gun. Usually this would be the type of thing that Andy would shy away from, but turning his bike shop upside down was the last straw. Andy desperately tries to fix his ‘own problem.’ He’s sad and truly hurt, and ranting. But even in this vulnerable state of mind, Andy never loses his wit thanks to some solid writing. He just delivers great line after great line including, “Happy you got laid, but guess what, you slept with the devil,” and “It’s not a van, it’s a giant turd. I’m captaining a giant turd.”
- Nancy works her charm: When Silas can’t seem to solve the problem he’s created for himself, Nancy steps in to save the day with her tried and true method of rude seduction. It’s always fun, and often her big eyes and long legs lead to results in all sorts of places.
- Silas: Silas deserves a special shout-out for the way he confronted Emma. He gets off his giant van, and tells her, “First you fucked me, thanks. And then you fucked my business.” Ah, the perfect gentleman.
- Bombs:Demitri and Nancy are still (lovers and) friends, and he’s now her weedsupplier, but we’re all waiting for that story to really kick-odd. And were the explosives sold or are they coming back into play?
Silas and Nancy are trying to solve the same problem, alone. Silas joins forces with Pouncy House. Nancy asks for a favor from the police department. Their paths are about to intercept, and things are about to get ugly.
“Weeds” airs on Showtime at 10pm (ET/PT) on Monday nights.