In a few hours the lines will start to form. There will be rows and rows of people dressed in Hogwarts’ attire with tiny little light bolts drawn on their foreheads, all waiting for the end to begin. Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows Part II hits theaters at midnight, but there’s a lot more things happening than just the release of the movie. There’s everything from news about Harry Potter celebrations to the type of 3D glasses you’ll be wearing come midnight. We’ve gathered all types of neat details, videos, and pictures for you to enjoy. We know you’re on the verge of tears (withdrawals, suicide, etc.) because the end is so near. Harry Potter wasn’t just some kid from a movie. He was our friend, our peer. We’re all sad to see him go, but happy to have grown up reading and watching such an amazing story. Read ahead for all things Harry Potter!
- Warner Bros. is kicking things off with an “ultimate fan celebration” in Los Angeles. If you’re in town and feel like going the extra mile, then head over to the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. Power 106 will be hosting a major Harry Potter celebration from 9:00 p.m. until midnight, when the film is finally released.
- So chances you’ve probably seen the video of the World’s Biggest Harry Potter Fan, but it doesn’t hurt to watch it again. This guy calls himself Harry Potter and he has three rooms full of memorabilia. It would be cool, if he wasn’t so creepy.
- Mugglenet, one of the biggest Harry Potter fan sites, is hosting an awesome giveaway. One winner gets a Kymera Magic Wand, which allows users to turn on their TVs. Talk about magic!
- The Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra, CA joined the celebration by hosting a massive Harry Potter Tribute Art Exhibition. The show launched a few days ago and will go through August 1. The show features over 100 works from over 50 artists. Go to the Gallery Nucleus’s official website for more info.
- Staying on the subject of art, ever thought how Harry Potter characters would look, à la Star Wars? I bet you have. Unreality magazine shared a collection from a die hard Harry Potter fan who shows how the characters would look as a ‘stylized space saga.’
- Hero Complex gives word of a new Patronus application from Warner Bros. Harry’s Patronus is a stag. Hermione’s is an otter, and Ron’s is a dog (mine is a fox). Now you can find out yours through this new application on the Warner Brothers website.
- While the most complicated love story we got in the Harry Potter franchise was between Ron and Hermione, there’s a new music video depicting how love would be between a Gryffindor girl and a Slytherin boy. The video “Wizard Love” comes to us from meekakitty.
- And just to show you that you’re not the only one feeling down about this whole ‘end of an era’ deal, this year some UCLA students put together a skit titled P.P.D. (Post Potter Depression). The video takes us through a therapy session with hard core Potter fans, posing the question, “So what are you going to do now that Harry Potter is over forever?.” Hopefully you can’t relate to any of their questionable dilemmas. I’d be a little afraid for you.
- Lastly, if you were one of the lucky ones to buy 3D tickets to one of the midnight screenings, good for you! You’ll be watching Deathly Hallows Part II, Harry Potter style. Someone who works at a theater was nice enough to share what audiences will be given during midnight screenings of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II 3D. Check it out!
So now that we’ve distracted you from your own Potter depression, we hope that you do enjoy the film. Remember to be happy that you were a part of something super awesome, and hope that the studios don’t go bananas and try to reboot the franchise during your/our lifetime.
How are you celebrating tonight?