Castle, Beckett, and the team enter the cut-throat pageant world this week on “Castle” after Miss Illinois’ body is found during rehearsal. With a millionaire sponsor and dozens of jealous fellow contestants as suspects, will they be able to find the killer? Find out more in our review…
- Director: Jeff Bleckner
- Writer: Terri Edda Miller
- Cast: Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic, Jon Huertas, Seamus Dever, Molly C. Quinn, Susan Sullivan, Ruben Santiago-Hudson, Tamala Jones, Michael McKean, Sasha Roiz, Jonathan Slavin, Bellamy Young
Episode Title: “Pretty Dead”
While the team interviews countless suspects and finds more and more clues regarding the murder of Miss Illinois, Chief Montgomery tries to think of a good Anniversary present for his wife. Meanwhile, Alexis and Ashley try to work out their relationship in regard to him going to college a year before Alexis graduates from high school. And as the team uncover more deception amongst the beauty pageant world, Beckett remembers an old college roommate who was a pageant girl.
- Parallel: Ashley and Alexis’ relationship parallels Castle and Beckett’s relationship; Castle advises Alexis to take a chance on love because you’ll never know if something could work out if you don’t at least give it a chance. This is obviously how he feels about his relationship with Beckett, especially since he relays this advice to Beckett saying “you just have to keep on showing up” to see if it will work out, a touching moment as the two part for the night.
- Castle’s Advice: Castle gives advice to Chief Montgomery, which is helpful to the Chief but makes the rest of the team angry at him, creating a humorous dynamic that resembles the beginning of the season. Now that he has won back their trust and become a part of the team, will he have to take extra measures to get on their good side again?
- Alexis & Ashley: It was nice to see Alexis back to her old self again (instead of lying about her shoplifting friends, she’s thinking about college with her boyfriend, Ashley). But is Stanford her choice school or is she only going there because it’s Ashley’s dream school? If it was her choice school, she wouldn’t have had to break up with Ashley to get him to go there. And since it’s not her dream school, she is doing the same thing she broke up with Ashley for doing-for choosing a school that will keep them closer together rather than choosing the school she dreams of attending.
This week’s “Castle” delved into the cut-throat competition of the pageant world, examining advice given to others, and keeping things interesting by including some minor characters.
“Castle” airs Monday nights at 10pm on ABC.
Agree? Disagree? Let us know in the comments!